Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New "Custom"

spiridon

A-List Customer
......well that's what it says on the sweatband!:D I just got this one in......just couldn't resist it.....I liked the "look" and the price was right. It's called a "Masterbuilt"....on the sweat it says "custom made", "soilproof", & "Deluxe Quality". Castanza would describe the liner as having a "pinkish hue". There are a few moth bites here and there, but overall appears to be a pretty nice hat.:)

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

spiridon

A-List Customer
RedPop4 said:
You're on a frenzy....lol lol lol lol

Tommy, I have to do SOMETHING with all that overtime I've been putting in.:D lol lol

....Dinerman, I'm not sure what is up with that. There is no bow, so perhaps this was a "lazyman's" way to dress it up???

spiridon

A-List Customer
Dinerman said:
it does set it apart though.
are you going to try to work in those moth nibbles?

I might very well try to. I've never done much in the way of "restoring" on any of my hats, but this would be a good one to start on. If I mess up, not much lost!

RBH

Bartender
Neat hat!

Looks like you may be able to get 'rid' of the nibbles.
If you try it just take your time. Take a sharp straight pin and lightly pull the felt up and in and around the nibble. Do a little at a time till you get comfortable with what you are trying to do. You may want to start on one that is not as visible so if you DO mess up a little it cant be seen as well.
I have taken the finest sandpaper after working on a spot and sand it ever so lightly.
If you do give it a try please let us know how it turns out.
GOOD LUCK !!!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Another nice hat. Love those odd little wind trolley
buttons on the pugaree. I think I need a tattoo of
that awesome Masterbuilt logo.

Not as cool as that homburg, tho. Sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points