Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New guy with a question about A2s from flightjacket.com

Kaboose

New in Town
Hello everyone I was wondering about flightjacket.com and their sizing I searched the forum and didn't find anything super specific. Basically this is my first A2 jacket I'll be ordering and I was wondering what size jacket I should order from flightjackets. I mainly want to know how their jackets measure across the chest like how wide would i size 46r be from armpit to armpit. My chest measurement is almost exactly 46 inches so I wanted to know if I should order a size 46r would it give me room to move around or should i get something bigger. thanks in advance everyone for your help.

HDRnR

A-List Customer
There's a 46 US Authentic/FlightJacket.com on Ebay right now and the pit to pit measurement is 24.5 inches.

WhiskeyTangoFox

One of the Regulars
Kaboose:

I have their A-2 in a size 44 and my chest is exactly 44. I have plenty of "wiggle" room in there. I don't think you will have any trouble going with a 46.

Noel

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Keep in mind that US Authentic (aka Flightjacket.com) A-2s are cut pretty trim in the waist/chest, but long in the sleeves and body. I have a size 44 A-2 from them that is longer in body length by over an inch (and equally long in the sleeves) to a size 46 A-2 from Gibson & Barnes/FlightSuits, who are known for their "oversized modern cut".

So, consider your height too - US A's jackets are longish...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925