New guy with small collection....

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Ghostsoldier, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Ghostsoldier

Ghostsoldier Call Me a Cab

Hello! I'm a new guy on the block, and after lurking for a few months, I thought I'd jump in! :D

Here's a pic of my small hat collection (well, the one's I could readily find ;) )...

[​IMG]

I know that one is a Dobbs 5th Avenue, a Harcfield of Memphis, A N.Y. Hat Company and a Dockers, but the straw one (top row, middle) that has no tag has me stumped, so I thought I'd post it here and see if you folks could I.D. it for me...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really like to wear it, though my friends say it makes me look like a Cuban or Greek mobster...:D
    Thanks for looking!
    Rob

2. deelovely

deelovely Practically Family

Welcome to the Lounge Ghostsoldier! :D

3. indycop

indycop I'll Lock Up

Welcome!!

4. thunderw21

thunderw21 I'll Lock Up

Nice little collection you have going there.

I like the gray felt one on the bottom row. The little straw one is nice as well, has a lot of character to it.

5. not now

6. Razzman

Razzman One Too Many

Nice looking lids.:eusa_clap Welcome to the FL. I too like the straw hat on the bottom right.

7. Ghostsoldier

Ghostsoldier Call Me a Cab

Thanks for the welcome, all! Like you, I buy vintage hats any time I see them....like collecting vintage radios, it's another disease I have! :)

The straw one on the bottom is the Dockers...the grey felt is the Dobbs (one of my faves)...and yeah, Dr. Greg...looking like it's "from the past" is the whole idea! I try to explain that to them, but it's just wasted breath...I just smile, and shake my head when they call me Anthony Quinn....:rolleyes:

The picture sucks, but the black one up top is the NYHCo. "Blue Brothers" fedora, which has a nice shape also...some people call it a "porkpie", but it's not...oh well...what can a person do? :)
    Rob

8. Marty M.

Marty M. Vendor

Welcome wagon.

Hi Ghostsoldier, welcome to the lounge. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
    Marty Mathis

9. RBH

RBH Bartender

Welcome Ghost!
    Nice hats!!!
    But it looks like you need to add a wide brim to even things out a little. :D

Hope you enjoy it here!

10. apipeguy

apipeguy One of the Regulars

Welcome! pull up a chair and stay awhile. lots to see, learn, and talk about here in the hat world.