Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds

New guy with small collection....

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Hello! I'm a new guy on the block, and after lurking for a few months, I thought I'd jump in! :D

Here's a pic of my small hat collection (well, the one's I could readily find ;) )...

S6300692.jpg

I know that one is a Dobbs 5th Avenue, a Harcfield of Memphis, A N.Y. Hat Company and a Dockers, but the straw one (top row, middle) that has no tag has me stumped, so I thought I'd post it here and see if you folks could I.D. it for me...

S6300694.jpg

S6300695.jpg

I really like to wear it, though my friends say it makes me look like a Cuban or Greek mobster...:D
Thanks for looking!
Rob

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Nice little collection you have going there.

I like the gray felt one on the bottom row. The little straw one is nice as well, has a lot of character to it.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the welcome, all! Like you, I buy vintage hats any time I see them....like collecting vintage radios, it's another disease I have! :)

The straw one on the bottom is the Dockers...the grey felt is the Dobbs (one of my faves)...and yeah, Dr. Greg...looking like it's "from the past" is the whole idea! I try to explain that to them, but it's just wasted breath...I just smile, and shake my head when they call me Anthony Quinn....:rolleyes:

The picture sucks, but the black one up top is the NYHCo. "Blue Brothers" fedora, which has a nice shape also...some people call it a "porkpie", but it's not...oh well...what can a person do? :)
Rob

apipeguy

One of the Regulars
Welcome! pull up a chair and stay awhile. lots to see, learn, and talk about here in the hat world.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yitaro