Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New here but have a great facial tip!

MsGlamour

New in Town
First I would like to say hello to everyone. I'm new here but I already love this place!

My tip for today is about homemade/diy facials.

So usually facials go in this order:
Cleanse
Exfoliate
Steam
Mask
Rinse

Well I added an extra step today that really made my skin glow. After rinsing off your normal mask, mix together some honey, aloe vera gel, and vitamin e oil (my savior skin care product!). Then apply to the face and steam for about 5 minutes and wipe off with a warm wet cloth. I add essential oils to my steam water for an extra boost. Now I have combo skin and this didn't leave it oily whatsoever. And this is also great for those natural product junkies such as myself. Hope you ladies try it and get the same great results I did!:)

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Good tip! Now if I only had the time... :D

Welcome!

I started to use diluted hydrogen peroxide as a toner, love it.

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
Great little home made mask! As for people wondering about steaming, it can dehydrate and dry out skin if used for too long. Just as a general rule 3 to 5 min. should be the max you put it on for, I like Miss Brill will break out with to much steam since I have senstized skin oh and don't forget to use a Toner before you moisturize so the product penetrates better!

Fancy Mouse

Familiar Face
But don't forget that for some (like me), steaming can cause broken capillaries and redness! The less heat you can use to get the result, the better it is in the long run.

Dracca

One of the Regulars
BakingInPearls said:
Great little home made mask! As for people wondering about steaming, it can dehydrate and dry out skin if used for too long. Just as a general rule 3 to 5 min. should be the max you put it on for, I like Miss Brill will break out with to much steam since I have senstized skin oh and don't forget to use a Toner before you moisturize so the product penetrates better!
You should be able to find it in most drug stores, just ask them if you don't see it. It's in a little about 2 inch tall bottle usually.

MsGlamour, Welcome and thanks for the tip.

nyx

One of the Regulars
Miss Brill said:
Even holding a warm washcloth in one spot will do it to me. I must be allergic to heat. lol

Hmm, I do too sometimes, but it's often because steaming brings all that gunk to the surface that's in your skin. Are you scrubbing afterwards? Sometimes that can irritate your skin too. I usually use a light toner after I steam to wipe away the gunk without irritating my skin.

MsGlamour

New in Town
Thanks for all of your responses. Yes, too much heat isn't good. With this method I would say no more than five minutes. But I think that with the aloe and the vitamin e oil on your face, it sorta "protects" your skin. All the heat really does is allow the good stuff to sink in.

And yes, I'm so glad to be here. All of you ladies are wonderful and I'm learning alot reading all of your tips!!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112