Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New here

CR141

Familiar Face
Hi everyone
I've been lurking for a few weeks and reading lots of threads so I finally decided to join. I've seen so many fine looking leather jackets that I never realised existed.

Now an introduction
My name is Bob, I'm single and currently reside in Niagara Falls NY.

I have a small collection of jackets, but nothing that will compare with some of the collections I've seen on this forum. My current favorite is the Schott 141 with the Fox Creek Grayson running a close second. I've always admired the A2 and I'll have one soon(just not sure where to get it from).

I'm hoping I'll be able to contribute to this forum, but I can see that I've got a lot of catching up to do:D

Regards
Bob
BTW, yes I am a pink floyd fan as you can see by my avatar:cool:

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome to the forum Bob. If you are after a great A2 jacket there is much advice here. If you want a top end repro Good Wear Leather Clothing in the USA is a good bet but the waiting time is around 6 months and they are not taking orders at present. Good alternatives are Eastman Leather Clothing from the UK or Aero Leather in Scotland. There are several makers in the US as well.

CR141

Familiar Face
Welcome to the Lounge Bob!

What price range do you intend to spend for your A-2? There are many choices!

John

Thanks for the welcome John.

I know there are many choices and that makes the decision very hard. I can't really give you a price. If I have to pay top dollar I will.

CR141

Familiar Face
Welcome to the forum Bob. If you are after a great A2 jacket there is much advice here. If you want a top end repro Good Wear Leather Clothing in the USA is a good bet but the waiting time is around 6 months and they are not taking orders at present. Good alternatives are Eastman Leather Clothing from the UK or Aero Leather in Scotland. There are several makers in the US as well.

Thanks for the welcome Andrew.

I've checked out Good Wear, Eastman and Aero. Good Wear looks nice, but as you said, they have stopped taking orders. Also, I'm not a patient waiter so 6 months would be an eternity for me. I would also prefer to get one from a place here in the USA.

Could you pssibly give me a list of quality makers here in the USA(I'm already familiar with Lost Worlds).

Regards
Bob

Cooperson

One Too Many
Welcome to the Lounge Bob from a fellow Floyd fan. Hope you find your 'Holy Grail' of leather jackets one day - just don't forget to post lots of pics if you do find it :)

Cheers

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Andrew
What do you think about the Gibson & Barnes Mk 31? I know it's goatskin, but I'm not a big fan of horsehide.

I really can't comment as I have never owned one myself. I like both goatskin and horsehide A2s and originals and repros made from both.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I have two goatskin G&B jackets - a Historical M-422A and a Civil A-2. The M-422A is nicer - it should be, it cost $200 more! - but both jackets are beautifully made, and have held up very well to frequent wear over 6 and 9 seasons, respectively.

If you want a WWII-style goatskin jacket... and don't care that it is generic (rather than replicating a specific original-maker model) and has largish modern sizing (depending on your shape, you may need to go down a size or two from your usual jacket size if you want a trim military fit)... G&B is an excellent choice.

Last edited:

CR141

Familiar Face
I've thought a lot about G&B. I like to wear sweatshirts so a looser fit would be ok by me. I'll look further into G&B. Thanks for the recommendation.

Regards
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessmiller97