Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NEW, IN ORIGINAL BOX Filson Leather Field Satchel. NO LONGER MADE! $890 retail. MUCH less here!

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
NEW, IN ORIGINAL BOX Filson Field Satchel.

NO LONGER MADE!

Please note that Filson has just confirmed that these satchels are NO LONGER MADE, and that there are no plans to make them in the future. Looking online, only Brooks Brothers still has a few of these in stock (at $890 plus shipping), and then only in black, not the iconic brown.

This satchel is new, in its original box, and comes complete with all of its original paperwork from Filson.

Alas, Filson is no longer a family-owned American company, but is now part of the corporate behemoth Fossil, having been acquired as part of its strategy to capitalize on recent consumer desire for "authentic" products. (This explains the new "heritage" items that are emerging from Filson--as well as the company's new moves to manufacture off-shore.) Filson is, alas, now well on the way to becoming a mere shadow of its former self.... and one indication of this is that some of its previously iconic but labor-intensive products--such as this hand-made Field Satchel--have been discontinued in favor of items that can more readily be mass-produced.

Cut from American bridle leather this wonderful satchel has a classic flap-over top, and is secured with two functional bridle leather buckles. It is divided into three full length interior compartments, and has precisely the right amount of interior pockets for smaller items, such as business cards or surveying tools.. for this Satchel is equally at home in the office, in the field, or in the university classroom. The bridle leather that it is made from will last literally for decades, only getting better with use, and it is perfectly complemented by the solid brass fittings. This satchel comes complete with its carrying strap, as well as (of course!) its main handle.

It was hand-made in the USA in Filson's Seattle workshop.

It measures:

Length: 17"
Height: 12.5"
Width: 4 1/4"

The original retail on this Satchel was $890. I'm offering this at just $590, OR OFFER, boxed, shipped, and insured in the USA. This represents a serious bargain, not only because this is $300 off the list price, but because this is likely your last chance to acquire a new Field Satchel!

Last edited:

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
Both still available!

Please note that Filson has just confirmed that these satchels are NO LONGER MADE, and that there are no plans to make them in the future. Looking online, only Brooks Brothers still has a few of these in stock (at $890 plus shipping), and then only in black, not the iconic brown.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
I was re-photographing them today to get rid of the "orbs" if my original pictures, and I noticed that one of the cases had some minor surface scuffs on the back. Since these are both new, I assume that this is just from sliding around in its case--as I said, they're very minor and the sort of thing that would be gained with the first use; my suspicion is that a lot of new Filson cases have this sort of wear, especially now that any case of this sort that's new would have been in storage for some time.

Although these are the sort of marks that a case would quickly acquire, I'm reducing the marked case to just $550, boxed, shipped, and insured in the USA..... Which since these satchels are no longer made really is an *absolute* steal!

Pictures:

I was in the Filson flagship store in Seattle last week. It truly is a "shopping experience". Incredibly designed retail space down to the real wood burning fireplace. I looked at their rucksacks and luggage and was tempted. I just want to echo Tweedydon's voice this is a steal at the price. For the same funds you could get a new nylon and leather trimmed sachel or this beauty.

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
Please note that the remaining Filson satchel does have the same lock as its brother; the flap is simply lower in the pictures!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko