Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Ladies and Gents Step Forward

madame babette

New in Town
Hello,

Hello! I am brand new to the site, but have been aware of it for quite a few years now. My background is in millinery and hats, antique and vintage clothing, accessories, and textiles. I have been seriously collecting hats for over 30 years and have quite a large collection of them, and millinery oddities as well. I am also a professionally trained milliner (yes, went to school for it) and I spend most of my time researching anything and everything to do with hats and hat history. I write about hats, teach about hats, and conduct vintage hat shows and lectures. I hope to have fun here, learn from everyone, share what I can, and do some relaxing here on the lounge!

zombi

A-List Customer
Really more of a re-introduction -- I have been so busy with more schooling and everything else that I haven't had time to post on here!! But I plan to be poking around a lot more :)

DharmaBum

One of the Regulars
Greetings,
I have been lurking for quite some time and have suddenly felt the urge to post an introduction and hope to contribute to multiple discussions in the future.
I am a proud Major in the United States Army and my historical interest in WW2 has sparked my branch interest in all aspects of the era. Specifically, I have a small WW2 uniform and equipment collection, recently began a tube radio collection ( have a 1941 Zenith and 1950s GE dial beam). Just began to patiently purchase vintage clothing, including a Dobbs Natural Line "made the English way", a Resistol Mayfair and a wonderful newsboy purchased from Mr. Cordova.
The icing on the cake for me is the beautiful and well preserved 1920 Aladdin kit home I was fortunate enough to purchase here in NY. Been living here about two years and my wife and I are slowly filling it with vintage home goods.
Look forward to future discussions and thanks for this wonderful community!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Dr_P

New in Town
Hello everyone,
I'm also new to the Fedora Lounge, and still trying to find my way around it.

About me, I worked as a business executive and consultant in South America for twenty years. I emigrated to Canada about ten years ago, I got my doctoral degree in business, and now I am Assistant Professor at a university in Northern Ontario.

I am quite a classical guy, dress also quite old-fashioned for these times (suit, tie, buttoned-up shirts, etc) and I like classical things mainly from the 50s and the 60s (jazz music, fountain pens, hats, caps, etc). Now that I rationalize that, maybe it's because in my teen-years I watched a lot of American and British films and TV shows from that time (most of them in black & white TV).

I find this community very interesting. People from many different origins, gathered together by an initial interest (hats) and finding much more in common than initially suspected. What I find quite unsettling, though, is that there are so many threads and conversations that it's quite difficult for a newcomer to merge into them.

Anyway, nice meeting you. I'm looking forward to our future conversations.

Dr_P

Revolver

New in Town
Looks like I'm the new guy now. I'm originally a Virginia hillbilly that found his way to the beautiful South Carolina coast. So, I have lived in two of the most beautiful places on the globe. And I like hats.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Greetings,
I am a proud Major in the United States Army and my historical interest in WW2 has sparked my branch interest in all aspects of the era. Specifically, I have a small WW2 uniform and equipment collection, recently began a tube radio collection ( have a 1941 Zenith and 1950s GE dial beam).
Hello there, Major DharmaBum!
This is the best place on the web to get any and all information on WWII - if these ladies & gents don't have it, no one does. :D You'll find a lot of folks doing-radio talk in the "The Display Case" department. And you'll find FUN in the "Observation bar" (just look out for James - he's our friendly Bartender who will pull your leg any day... and some days I help) :p
You'll feel at home here, I'm sure.

Hello everyone,
About me, I worked as a business executive and consultant in South America for twenty years. I emigrated to Canada about ten years ago, I got my doctoral degree in business, and now I am Assistant Professor at a university in Northern Ontario.
I am quite a classical guy, dress also quite old-fashioned for these times (suit, tie, buttoned-up shirts, etc) and I like classical things mainly from the 50s and the 60s (jazz music, fountain pens, hats, caps, etc). Now that I rationalize that, maybe it's because in my teen-years I watched a lot of American and British films and TV shows from that time (most of them in black & white TV).
"Hi everybody"
"HI, doctor P" :D
We can never say we have enough of "old-fashioned" fellas in here. So, you'll fit right in. :eyebrows: Just check out the "General Attire & Accoutrements" department, and see what everyone's wearing.
Being a black&white person is a good thing in here - it means you'll get lots of themes to chap about. If you get hungry. feel free to visit the "what's for dinner"... Mr. Hoosier's wife makes the best chops. :hungry:

Looks like I'm the new guy now. I'm originally a Virginia hillbilly that found his way to the beautiful South Carolina coast. So, I have lived in two of the most beautiful places on the globe. And I like hats.
Hello there Mr. Revolver
(interesting choice for a nickname)
Hat-loving guy like yourself, you should definitively go (now!) and check out the "Hats" department - no need to ask the questions, it's name hides no agenda.. it really IS all about hats.
Now, if you're in a mood for less theme-tight chat, pop by "Observation bar".. and try to keep up with our wide array of friendly chit-chat. :wave:

OK.
I hope you're all feeling welcome.

Pat Spade

Familiar Face
Hi everyone, after lurking several years I finally decided to enter the Lounge....living with wife and dog at the edge of the Ruhr area in Germany, and loving mostly everything vintage...

freakazoid

Familiar Face
Howdy. I've been lurking around every now and then and finally decided to join. I've been a fan of the earlier times for quite some time, love the styling and movies. I have a friend who says I was born in the wrong era.

vintageclassic

New in Town
Hello everyone,

I just joined yesterday and am excited to meet people with similar interests. I am a college student in the Dallas area and truly really fascinated with everything from the past. I have a good collection of classic movies, vintage posters, books, and so many other things which I hope to share with everyone soon. Two things I can't live without are my vintage safety razors and Murray's Pomade :)

CataWhatas

New in Town
Greetings! Name is what we hear when the dogs are mentioned. They are three Catahoulas and one honorary Catahoula. I'm a stay at home mom to 5 boys and for as much of a black metal and industrial metal diehard I am, I just don't fit in today. I'm thrilled to raise my kids, cook dinner, garden and everything I'm supposed to dislike. I like being quiet and reserved. Plus, it's far easier to chase after little wild boys in a long skirt than jeans.

WWII is a touchy subject. Lost most of my father's family in execution camps. We know some, but most was not something the survivors spoke of. Part of me wants more knowledge of family, but it's not there.

But it's 7 here. I need to round up little boys to get them in the tub.

I respond to about anything. Esther, Eicca, Momma, Aunt Essie...

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Good morning, all.

I've lurked for quite a while after being introduced to the forum through two other forums - Badger & Blade and Straight Razor Place. Unsurprisingly, this site is also linked on the Brass Goggles site regularly when discussions lean toward dieselpunk.

My day job keeps me busy as a payroll professional, but my hobbies range from geocaching to wet shaving, hammock camping to steampunk. I also have a side job as a proofreader and editor (Don't expect my posts to be grammatically perfect. My fingers type faster than I can read.). My wife just shakes her head as I get involved in new hobbies.

Thank you all for creating and building a forum which encourages polite discussion about a variety of subjects without degenerating into flame wars. Moderators, you deserve a special nod for the work you do. It's nice to enter a drama-free zone when discussing and researching different things. Thanks for letting me join in.

KatPower

New in Town
Quick blurb about me, as way of introduction: I'm a 21 year old student looking to get a job in publishing or as a librarian (though my pipe dream is to write creative fiction). I'm from Western Canada but after having lived in England for a year am dead set on returning to Europe. I've been crazy about history and vintage apparel and knick knacks for years and have quite the extensive collection of curiosities. My interests include but are certainly not limited to: playing the accordion, travelling, the works of J. D. Salinger, old tobacco pipes, and baking pies. My favourite retro lady would have to be Norma Jean Baker, pre-Marilyn Monroe.

I'm looking forward to posting more in the forum. I'm thrilled to have found a place where I can share my love for the past with like-minded folk.

Last edited:

cchgn

One of the Regulars
Introduction

Hello, first post and I couldn't find anywhere to introduce myself, so I figured that this was the most appropriate place. I wonder why there isn't a "Introductions" section, a gentlemanly gesture.

Anyway, I'm a 54yr old wm and have always felt I belonged in an earlier era. I'm a Southern Gentleman farmer and brew my own beer, wetshave and make my own walking sticks.

I own a couple of Fedoras and found this site while searching for info on my Stetson soveriegn.

This looks like my kinda place.

Btw, I also can't find a place to talk about this either- I find that when I try to use the search window at the top of the page, it automatically directs me to the Luxire shirt website.

cchgn

One of the Regulars
Hmmm, 52 views and not one reply,,,,,,,tough crowd?

Bartender, if this is in the wrong room, please move it.

Btw, the search window still does that, is that on purpose?

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Welcome, CC. It's been a oddly quiet around here of late, but I'm sure you'll find plenty of like-minded souls. There's a current live thread on shaving in the General Attire and Accoutrements, and I'm pretty sure you'll find any knowledge or comments you have on walking sticks will find a home there. Your home brewing will surely be welcome in the Connoisseur, though sampling might be tricky. ;)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
The search window should not be doing that, and seems to be working fine. Welcome to the Fedora Lounge. You'll find many friends here, I'm. Sure.

Moving this to the large introduction thread.

Welcome to all our new folks! Don't be shy, go ahead and post! Got nothing to say, join the rest of us that have nothing to say, but talk anyway, in the Excessive Posting thread :)

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Welcome to all our new folks! Don't be shy, go ahead and post! Got nothing to say, join the rest of us that have nothing to say, but talk anyway, in the Excessive Posting thread :)
It's a thread about nothing. :D

BTW welcome to all the new members.
We like bacon, in case you were wondering.

Hayley

New in Town
Hello! This lounge keeps popping up in my internet searches, so I though it was about time I joined in.

I am 24, and live in England. I really enjoy the hair styling and fashions of past eras but my knowledge is relatively basic, so I'm keen to learn more.
That aside, I have a 3 year old daughter who takes up most of my free time. I organise meet ups for various interests. I enjoy belly dancing, making jewellery, video games, long walks, writing, and vegan cooking. I tend to have a lot of hobbies and keep myself occupied.

As a side, I'm finding that the search box does the same as mentioned above. Possibly related to the browser we're using?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21