Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Langlitz Columbia in Black Goatskin

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Langlitz Columbia in black goatskin with Cossack collar, chest pocket, map pocket and gun pocket, with shoulder and elbow patches (without the diamond stitching). Quoted to be ready end of March, and received yesterday.

This is a very ‘moto’ style jacket and not intended to be worn off the bike in a casual setting, albeit if I show up somewhere on the bike, it will likely be worn occasionally. I have been a bit 'anti-moto look' over the years, but now that I ride, I finally 'grok' the functional utility of jackets designed and made for riders.

I wrestled with the idea of the chest pocket, but I like it for this style. Purely a taste issue.

Initially thought of getting the mid weight cow, but comparing that with the goatskin, and considering that I live and ride in Texas, opted for the goatskin for increased wearability. Got a Langlitz flight jacket last year in goatskin which is used for quick trips to the store, walking the dogs, etc., and I am a fan. For riding, then, I have a lighter café racer which I’ll wear in the warmer months and a beefy 3/4 length ‘fatigue’ style jacket I'll continue to wear in the winter. So this jacket should take me through Feb-Apr and Oct-Nov in comfort.

Zipped (not in pic), with lapel snapped back (will ride in this config 90% of the time):

Zipped, with Cossack collar snapped (will ride in this config 10% of the time):

Side view, with pockets and pads:

Inside, gun pocket:

Going to wear this a bit and will post fit pics after 4-5 outings. In short, Langlitz nailed the fit re: sleeve length, body length, etc. It’s nice to put a jacket on and simply have nothing to frown at.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Really outstanding. I think the pads really look great, and I think the chest pocket looks right on this jacket, especially when the collar is snapped back.

IXL

One Too Many
I find myself drawn more and more to this style. Did you order it in the "tight," "medium," or the "you could hide two Virginia hams and a carton of cigarettes in this" size?

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
I find myself drawn more and more to this style. Did you order it in the "tight," "medium," or the "you could hide two Virginia hams and a carton of cigarettes in this" size?
There's "very snug", "snug", "medium" and "plan on smuggling in a six pack at the theater?". I chose the "snug". I can still wear a sweater or a hoodie under the jacket comfortably. Langlitz also asks you what you intend to wear under the jacket so I think between the 4 categories and your intended use, they feel their way through the measurements. They nailed the fit for me.

Beautiful jacket! But then again it's Langlitz so no surprise. Although sometimes I find their styles too busy, but this isn't the case.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That's beautiful. I also like the flight jacket you got last year. That's a really well thought out, classic.
I haven't the smooth pads on a columbia before. It looks really nice, and as you said, not so busy, the Cossack collar rocks too. Great purchase, enjoy the ride.

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Scott handled the back and forth, John handled production and the delivery was managed by Bennie. Got my order in 2/13 but there was a week of back and forth re: measurements and such. If something sounds a bit out of the ordinary they'll question you on it, which I like. Better to measure twice and cut once.

53Effie

A-List Customer
Really nice jacket! I have two Langlitz jackets in my collection. They are the best fitting and best for riding jackets I own. I agree...when I put them on I don't regret having them at all. My Cascade is goatskin and it tends to get the most wear. I am sure you will enjoy yours. I almost got my Columbia in goatskin, but went with mid-weight cow. I like it a lot and it has broken in nicely, but I think I really prefer the goat. Have fun with it and wear it in good health.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Scott handled the back and forth, John handled production and the delivery was managed by Bennie. Got my order in 2/13 but there was a week of back and forth re: measurements and such. If something sounds a bit out of the ordinary they'll question you on it, which I like. Better to measure twice and cut once.

I was originally going to add a watch pocket to the front of my cascade, and Scott talked me out of it, even though they have done them before and I had seen some pictures of it. I like their approach to this and to measurements, they really do want to make sure you get it right the first time.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I was originally going to add a watch pocket to the front of my cascade, and Scott talked me out of it, even though they have done them before and I had seen some pictures of it. I like their approach to this and to measurements, they really do want to make sure you get it right the first time.

I too contemplated the ticket pocket at the front. Scooter said it probably wasn't the best idea on a cascade and I thend to agree. Scotty rocks, and is so easy to deal with. John and Benny are also champions. I'm hoping to add another Langlitz to my stable by the end of the year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana