Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Langlitz Flight Jacket (Bomber Style) with Pics

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Just got my new Langlitz flight jacket in the mail this morning.

Specs:

• Black goat
  • No epaulets or cargo pockets
  • Leather lined handwarmer pockets
  • Gun pocket
  • Map/Breast pocket
  • Nickel Talon zipper
  • Grey/Silver detachable shearling collar for winter
  • Snug fit

Front view:

Front view, open:

Back view:

Close up view:

I'll try to get some fit pics up in the next couple of days....

Last edited:

IXL

One Too Many
That jacket is just the style I'm looking for!! Post up with the collar in attached, please.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Very nice and something not often seen (Langlitz). Didn't realize they did a flight jacket. I hear their goatskin is awesome.

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Very nice and something not often seen (Langlitz). Didn't realize they did a flight jacket. I hear their goatskin is awesome.

The goatskin is 3.0 oz and is pretty soft and supple. Very happy with it. It's my first goatskin jacket so I can't compare it to other vendors' goat, which may be different, since Langlitz specs their leather for riders.

Last edited:

eggleman

One of the Regulars
The hand warmer pockets look like they're located quite away to to outer edge of the jacket
(almost under the armpits) ... are they still usable ?

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
The hand warmer pockets look like they're located quite away to to outer edge of the jacket
(almost under the armpits) ... are they still usable ?

Yes, they are usable, and yes, they are a bit far apart. Their default location is to accommodate cargo pockets, which I did not order with the jacket. You can always ask Langlitz to move the pockets closer together if it is a concern either practically or aesthetically; customizing things like pocket angle/location, zipper/no zipper, pocket size, et al., are all possible. In my case, I rarely stick my hands into my pockets; typically, I would just store keys, etc., in the pockets and fish them out as needed.

Last edited:

eggleman

One of the Regulars
Yes, they are usable, and yes, they are a bit far apart. Their default location is to accommodate cargo pockets, which I did not order with the jacket. You can always ask Langlitz to move the pockets closer together if it is a concern either practically or aesthetically; customizing things like pocket angle/location, zipper/no zipper, pocket size, et al., are all possible. In my case, I rarely stick my hands into my pockets; typically, I would just store keys, etc., in the pockets and fish them out as needed.

Thanks for the reply
I'm guessing you had a few customisations for the inner pockets ..
cracking jacket btw !

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That looks great. I always imagined Langlitz flight. Jackets in brown, hadn't even considered it in black. It looks really smart...great purchase.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I once had a jacket with a detachable collar and didn't like all the snaps involved, especially when the collar is off. Of course I'm being perfectionistic, but I prefer minimalism and classic. I'm getting a warm bomber (for colder riding) from JL at the end of this month (per Alan) and I went with a permanent mouton collar (like the bombers I wore to elementary school, albeit not in CXL). Will post pix.

Last edited:

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
I once had a jacket with a detachable collar and didn't like all the snaps involved, especially when the collar is off. Of course I'm being perfectionistic, but I prefer minimalism and classic. I'm getting a warm bomber (for colder riding) from JL at the end of this month (per Alan) and I went with a permanent mouton collar (like the bombers I wore to elementary school, albeit not in CXL). Will post pix.
A permanent mouton collar would work on a jacket that I'd wear 1-2 months out of the year. Certainly an option. I own off-white dinner jackets that I only wear once or twice a year and there's definitely a place in a wardrobe for highly specialized pieces. I only see myself with 3 leather jackets, max, hence my choices made to date. Of course, it could all change tomorrow and I might end up buying a lot more. I only thought I'd have 5-7 suits but have somehow ended up with 16 and counting....

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Good on you ykurtz, nice jacket, great mods. 3 leathers is plenty ( I'm selling a number of mine off to get to that point) as for suits, I have a bad one that I wear once every year or two - weddings, that kind of thing. I consider myself fortunate that I almost never need to wear one.

Last edited:

mattp

One of the Regulars
This is a sensational jacket! A perfect fit and the goat looks excellent. I imagine it would be very comfortable too.
I've just put an order in for the Sidewinder and was tempted by the goat but it seems to suit some jackets more than others, anyway, I think you've nailed it with this one.
Thanks for posting the pics!

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
This is a sensational jacket! A perfect fit and the goat looks excellent. I imagine it would be very comfortable too.
I've just put an order in for the Sidewinder and was tempted by the goat but it seems to suit some jackets more than others, anyway, I think you've nailed it with this one.
Thanks for posting the pics!
I would be very keen to see your side winder Matt. What colour and hide combo? I think it's a great looking jacket, that Langlitz japan site is unbelievable

mattp

One of the Regulars
I would be very keen to see your side winder Matt. What colour and hide combo? I think it's a great looking jacket, that Langlitz japan site is unbelievable

I've gone with midweight black cow, with brown thread. Still deciding on cossack vs dress collar, and if I get the dress collar whether to add the mouton option. I don't know how much, if at all, the snaps for the mouton will bother me when it's not on.

Sorry to go off topic, but since the merits of the removable mouton were being discussed anyway it's not too far off :)

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I've gone with midweight black cow, with brown thread. Still deciding on cossack vs dress collar, and if I get the dress collar whether to add the mouton option. I don't know how much, if at all, the snaps for the mouton will bother me when it's not on.

Sorry to go off topic, but since the merits of the removable mouton were being discussed anyway it's not too far off :)
It's not noticeable. You should go for it. Very handy, amend you can't get it done retroactively

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
It's not noticeable. You should go for it. Very handy, amend you can't get it done retroactively

I'll chime in that I never felt the inside hardware behind the neck when the collar was detached. I just went with the permanent because I wanted a really warm, non-armored jacket for my bike. With me, the snaps are more of a mental thing (NO WISE CRACKS PLEASE)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112