New Member to the Hat Forum

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Hats Matter, Sep 8, 2016.

1. VintageHunter

VintageHunter New in Town

Hello Folks,
    My Name is Tino From Germany/Brandenburg!
    I am like the Old Look of Clothings Hats ,Flight Jackets , Boots, and the Wear of 1920-1960!
    I have many nice Hats i love Fedoras in pre War Look have 4 Akubras and Stetsons and 1 Custom Made pre War Style Fedora that i have let manufacturing i a nice little Hatstore in Berlin only for me‼️i like the Forum and greeting your all!

2. Welcome!

You’re off to a good start if that’s your Winchester ‘95 in your avatar photo. :)
    Lots of good folks here who will help you with your hat collecting.

3. VintageHunter

Here are my Custom Fedora C5AC6A56-F45C-47B3-A3D1-7B83F58AB28D.jpeg 6D55A913-E090-451D-BAB9-68BD34EE68F9.jpeg D97EB64C-C11C-43EF-802B-EBA7C0E9DEB8.jpeg C5AC6A56-F45C-47B3-A3D1-7B83F58AB28D.jpeg

4. VintageHunter

Hello, yes it is my 95‘er in 30-40Krag, i was a Hunter its all legal in my Country‼️

DaveProc, Tukwila and deadlyhandsome like this.

5. Hats and vintage rifles…I like you already :)
    That custom hat looks great, and it’s from a hatter I’m not familiar with. Hope you stick around and share more of your hats with us.

Cheers,
    Brent

Tukwila and belfastboy like this.
  6. VintageHunter

Thank youyes i like the good okd stuff ! Here are my Campdraft 6CD405F8-C83C-4ADF-9B78-E8F172E83655.jpeg

Attached Files:

7. VintageHunter

And the Custom Fedora, but it is my Open Road from Stetson not the Campdraft

Tukwila likes this.
  8. DaveProc

DaveProc My Mail is Forwarded Here

Welcome to the Lounge!

9. FunnelVission

FunnelVission New in Town

Hello all!
    My name is Gannon, I'm a student and shepherd in Oregon. I started out with outback style hats that were "tinned" (not sure what the fabric actually was, but don't think it was truly tin cloth), also getting a tin cloth Filson Packer but non of them really felt right. After trying a cheap wool felt outback style hat for awhile, I ended up getting my first fur felt hat. A Stetson Open Road 6x.

Once I realized just how small a 2-3/4 brim was I went and got myself my Gus, which is my daily hat (especially when the rain hits). After getting my Gus I fell in love with silverbelly, and even ended up ordering a Gannon Hat Co hat in western weight, silverbelly beaver so I could have a nice, clean, town hat. It's just such a cool color, especially how the powder makes it not perfectly even, and it changes depending on the lighting (although photos never do it justice)! Picked up a few straw hats during this summer, and played around with various feather from rooster to vulture. Now that I found out felt is comfortable in heat with the liner removed I'm back on my trusty Gus.

Still learning a lot about felt and straw hats, and hope to continue learning. Heavily leaning towards ordering a Sunrise nutria "blank" and a cheap block and making my own hat, or picking up a used hat to mess with. Either way, happy to be a part of the hat community!

First hat: Open Road 6x in Chocolate
    [​IMG]
    Second: 6x Gus in Silverbelly
    [​IMG]
    Newest: Gannon Hat Co in Silverbelly beaver (Mr. Gannon was awesome to work with, and the hat was 100% worth the wait!)
    [​IMG]

10. Rmccamey

Rmccamey My Mail is Forwarded Here

Great hats. Welcome to the Lounge.

11. K5MOW

K5MOW Familiar Face

Welcome to the forum.

Roger

12. FunnelVission

Thanks! Glad to be here!

13. Welcome! It looks like your off to a great start. I’d love to see more photos of your Gannon when you have the time.

Brent

14. FunnelVission

Thanks! Sure, here's some more pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Silverbelly beaver on the Gannon vs Silverbelly rabbit on the Stetson.
    [​IMG]

15. DaveProc

DaveProc My Mail is Forwarded Here

The Gannon is outstanding!

deadlyhandsome likes this.

16. Very nice! Gannon sure makes a great hat.

17. FunnelVission

It is! I'm very pleased with it! Was well worth the wait!

johnnycanuck and deadlyhandsome like this.
  18. K5MOW

K5MOW Familiar Face

Welcome to the forum

Roger

19. johnnycanuck

johnnycanuck Call Me a Cab

Welcome to the lounge. Can you tell us a little more about the 6X Stetson? How long have you had it? Is it good in the rain. How’s it holding up?
    All great hats. The Gannon was a good choice. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
    Johnny

20. A.C

A.C New in Town

Hello everyone
    My name is Aaron I am from Ontario Canada I am a producer songwriter . I stumbled across this forum not that long ago and have been binge picture looking for the last couple of weeks and I am totally ok with that , time well spent . I mostly collect vintage Biltmore but have a few Lee hats . Thank you all for sharing your amazing hats hopefully I can share some half as good as what I have seen on here .