Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New member with question about Hathorn boots

Silhouetted

New in Town
Hello all and thank you for such a great forum! I've been lurking for a while and thought it was about time to make an account. That and I have a question :p

My question is regarding a pair of boots I found at a local thrift store. They are Hathorn (Smoke Jumpers?)...I think. They are all black and say "Hathorn Boot Mfg." with "Spokane, WA" directly underneath. This is imprinted on the side in two straight lines of text; no circular emblem with the anvile and boot like I've seen in my Google image searches. I've read that there is a hierarchy of White's boots ending with Hathorn Explorers which cannot be rebuilt and am wondering if there was a way to tell which of the lines of White's boots these may be. I regret not taking a picture for reference.

Also, the black leather (I think anyway, it is very thin) insole when looking in the boot ends half way, almost like it was cut off at the middle of the foot but it is this way in both boots. Is this normal? I am very new to all of this :)

Thank you to alI in advance and thank you again for such an amazing resource as this forum!

Silhouetted

New in Town
I'm a little surprised that I didn't receive a response but I'll get over it. I ended up purchasing the boots for $50 at a thrift shop nearby (a lot for a thrift store and it was actually 75% off to get that price otherwise I would've left them) but they are in incredibly good shape and fit like a...sock? A very heavy, heeled sock. I figure 50 bucks for a lightly used pair of 300 dollar boots is a good deal and I'm very excited to have them :D I'm hoping for some family-sourced Christmas donations toward some iron rangers next and so my boot collecting begins!

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
$50 bucks for White's Hathorn boots in good condition is a great price. I have a pair of Hathorn's and would say the quality is very good even though they're a lower tier than the standard White's offerings.

Silhouetted

New in Town
Yeah I don't really have any experience with quality footwear but these make everything I've seen prior look like junk which is actually why I've been looking into nice boots. I just seem to destroy my shoes in a matter of months. I'm on my feet everyday and weigh over 200 lbs but you'd think shoes would last longer. I figure these in rotation with another pair will last for as long as I care to wear them. Thanks for the reply!

farmall

New in Town
You got your monies worth. A pair of brown wesco or whites smoke jumpers are on my bucket list. They just go perfectly with the territory.

Silhouetted

New in Town
I don't blame you. You know it's funny...I never would have thought to get boots in this style but now that I have them...there's just something about them. I feel like a bad a** wearing them; they just loom mean, like a work boot should :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points