Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Optimo Porkpie...

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
but it doesn't belong to me :p

A good friend of mine at work just bought this jet black Optimo Porkpie. It's quite a small hat, but he's a really slim guy, and it fits him well. I would have taken a picture of him with it on, but he wanted to wait till he had some good clothes on too.

Here's some quick and terrible pictures I took of it this afternoon. Some look washed out, but in reality, it's deep rich jet black. Black as black can be. Great looking hat, imo. He wears it with the brim up.

Back of the hat... weird looking ribbon to me, but I guess it's normal for a porkpie.

109_0938-vi.jpg

109_0939-vi.jpg

109_0940-vi.jpg

Front view:

109_0936-vi.jpg

109_0937-vi.jpg

Canadave

One Too Many
Wow...interesting. I can't say I've seen a ribbon like that before. I wonder what the origin is?

Hopefully your friend will pose with it...I'd like to see it on.

Nice hat!

David

Originally posted by Canadave
Wow...interesting. I can't say I've seen a ribbon like that before. I wonder what the origin is?

Hopefully your friend will pose with it...I'd like to see it on.

Nice hat!

David

I have a very similar type of bow on the ribbon of two of my hats. The difference is that there is no X on my bows. They have zigzag stitches in the middle of the bow instead of the X. One hat is a Royal Stetson block #A2690. The other is a Dobbs. I think it is sort of odd as well but it is something different for us nonconformists anyway. LOL LOL LOL

Regards to all,

J

P.S. David, you interested in straw boaters. I see them all the time on eBay in your size or thereabouts (7 3/4).

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Optimo's porkpies are very nice. Rundquist just got one of those with the same kind of ribbon, but the felt is an olive-sage color. very sharp.

Canadave

One Too Many
Originally posted by jamespowers
P.S. David, you interested in straw boaters. I see them all the time on eBay in your size or thereabouts (7 3/4).

I don't think so, thanks. Besides, I think they might be hard to stretch, no?

Dude, did you receive the two hats yet??? :D

David

Originally posted by Canadave
I don't think so, thanks. Besides, I think they might be hard to stretch, no?

Dude, did you receive the two hats yet??? :D

David

I don't know if an old boater would be that easy to stretch. They tend to be pretty brittle after all those years.
Yeah, I got the hats yesterday. Interestingly, they happen to be 7 1/8 not 8 1/8. I tied to contact the seller but no response yet. Either way it sort of worked out because my pinheaded brother-in-law wanted one anyway. ;) Of course he will probably take the twenty five and leave me with the Dobbs but the Dobbs fits the wife. The seller assured me it was an 8 1/8 Good thing I didn't lay out too much money on that one. At least I can get rid of them if I want to. :D

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran