Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Policy and New User Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
We have made a new used group called "Fully Fledged". No....this is not a type of stocking for the Powder Room. It is a new member catagory.

When someone first joins they are a "Registered Member". When they get 30 or more posts then they will become "Fully Fledged" members and will be able to have private message privileges. This will keep trouble makers from just starting a new account to PM and stir the pot. It also keeps people with sales agendas that aren't really interested in being part of the community from just marketing to our members.

This will affect some new....and shall we say "shy" members, but will hopefully inspire some to contribute more. We regret any confusion this might cause in the interim.

JPS

New in Town
New Policy

MK,

Thanks for the details. My PM privileges suddenly disappeared yesterday. I was worried that I had offended you with a message that I had sent to you earlier in the day. I used some words I shouldn't have. If I did offend, please accept my apology.

JPS

yachtsilverswan

Familiar Face
The change also appears to have disabled the ability of Registered Members (who are not yet Fully Fledged) from accessing previously available public profile information on our fellow members. Too bad - I had used members' profiles to get to know the group a bit better.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

The Bartenders and I have decided to lower the posts to only 15 to become fully fledged. For those of us in the thousands of posts, 30 didn't seem like much to ask, but I guess it takes some folks that are shy a while to speak up.;)

Enjoy!

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
i'm sure Panama bob will write me back, but I had info in my PM's that disappeared, that I needed.

Oh well....

I will waited patiently or I could go around and post a bunch.....nah....

mark the shoeshine boy

Serge

New in Town
14 to go

I also thought I had offended or done something wrong. I have been lurking since november. Did my first pm a couple of days ago and then it disappeared. I sent a pm to Art about the purchase of my first hat and then I found that I could no longer pm. Perhaps someday I'll acheive pm status. I enjoy the lounge and hope to post more in the future.

Clint_Southwood

New in Town
I was also talking to Art about making my first hat and talking to Fedoralover who has helped me find what I am looking for. I feel that posting a bunch is not right for me, because I'm spending most of my time learning about hats. Not necessarily "shy". I think my speaking should be better than silence, or be silent. So I am silent for the most part until I learn more so that I can contribute more. On the other hand, I am thankful that the post requirement has been lowered from 30 to 15. Too bad it isn't 10 though. I look forward to continuing my PM, especially with Art and Fedoralover. I hope my old PM are still there and not deleted once the account is reactivated.

Clint_Southwood

New in Town
Hey MK,

I'm in Sisters, Oregon. If you don't know where that is at, it is about 30 minutes from Bend. BTW, this is my 16th post and I still cannot access PM and my account.

Fu Manchu

One of the Regulars
What a Relief...

I thought I had offended someone with a post or the chinese garb/floppy fedora in my avatar!

I'll get to work posting - I'm eager to continue a PM conversation with a fellow Taiwan resident about B! Wear caps.

katiemakeup

Practically Family
MK said:
The Bartenders and I have decided to lower the posts to only 15 to become fully fledged. For those of us in the thousands of posts, 30 didn't seem like much to ask, but I guess it takes some folks that are shy a while to speak up.;)

Enjoy!

No problem here, ha ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points