Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Project Panama....finished

JCBurns

Familiar Face
A number of you saw this Panama that I bought a while back that appeared to have been originally a Ladies hat.

P1010080.jpg

Here is what I've done to it. I wasn't able to find black ribbon so I went a different direction. :)

P1000789.jpg

P1000788.jpg

If you look closely, you will see some discoloration just above the ribbon where the old green 2" ribbon was. Will this fade away as I wear it in the sun? Or is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks

JCBurns

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
What a clever man!

I love it when folk think outside the box like this!:eusa_clap Looking great. Some photos of you wearing it will go down a treat with the members here;)

Did you have to weave the edge when you removed the edge ribbon, or was it woven or stitched under the ribbon? (I have a very similar hat which has the edge binding, which i want to remove for that more classic look.

Nice job, by the way. I suspect that was a men's hat commandeered by a woman, now having masculinity reasserted. :eusa_clap

bk

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Great lid!

JCBurns said:
If you look closely, you will see some discoloration just above the ribbon where the old green 2" ribbon was. Will this fade away as I wear it in the sun?
I'm thinking that it won't but maybe some of the hatters will chime in.

JCBurns

Familiar Face
Actually Bolthead, it's purple! Like I said, I couldn't find black so I went another way. I may eventually see if I can't find a black ribbon or pugaree, but I just love this color; it's so bright and just a bit on the "unusual" side. I figure, it's my hat and I can put any color on it I like! Hahahaha Of course if I get any comments regarding my sexual orientation, I may change it(no offense meant to anyone). But for now I think it's kind of cool.

JCBurns

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points