Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New RMC Wool Cross-Zip -- Don't Look Tony (I warned you)

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
_IGP6551.jpg

_IGP6540.jpg

_IGP6538.jpg

_IGP6536.jpg

_IGP6555.jpg

_IGP6554.jpg

El Marro

I didn’t think I’d like this one, but it is surprisingly nice. Looks like what might’ve happened if Buco made a peacoat.

Superfluous

I am really digging this wool cross-zip -- more each time I look at it. This may be the jacket that causes me to cross-over to the dark side (without fully committing to a leather cross-zip).

RMC's new line-up includes some really interesting leather and non-leather jackets. I absolutely love this deerskin and would already own it if it was a tad longer in back:

132304911_o2.jpg

New Buco J-24:

132304960_o2.jpg

Wool:

132304917.jpg

132304920_o2.jpg

And the most interesting of all . . . a wool aklak:

132304914.jpg

Oh man. Yes. I've had a real McCoy's wool and that stuff is just insane. It will stand on its own. Yeah I REALLY like that. Would wear that everyday.

I'd like to see if I can find this in a 44". Got a link super? I've found the shawl and beach cloth HB but can't find the wool cross zip. Their wool offerings seem to be much more reasonably priced. Particularly when I apply my wear/use x cost justification algorithm.

Edward

Bartender
I am really digging this wool cross-zip -- more each time I look at it. This may be the jacket that causes me to cross-over to the dark side (without fully committing to a leather cross-zip).

I like it two.; I've toyed on and off with the idea of an Aero wool and leather halfbelt over the years. I actually think a melton and leather Bootlegger, perhaps cut or dead of Winter with a shearling lining, would be cool as all hell, if madness for the climate you're in!

Saw that D pocket in the London store. Lovely collar - nice and stable, or seemed to be, at least, for a removable.

Saw this in London store too. Really lovely. (Interestingly, somewhere else we visited last week also had an original one - the RMC really has nailed it.)

I do love that Brown's Beach cloth....

And the most interesting of all . . . a wool aklak:

132304914.jpg

Unusual, but fun. I can well imagine that this one might be an 'easier' wear than a leather grizzly for a lot of folks.

Man, i really like that wool Grizzly!
Also they re did the J-31... I want one...

HqyWVMC.jpg

tj781dF.jpg

I like this a lot too. Interesting place in design evolution of bike jackets, too.... this is the earliest cross-zip (or, at least, off-centre zip) bike jacket I've seen from the Anglo/US world; it feels to me like the missing link between those German halfbelts with the mandarin collars, db version especially, from the inter-war years, and the likes of the Lewis Monza which evolved in the seventies.

Superfluous

Buzz Rickson did a similar version of the Buffalo plaid shawl:
IMG_2572.JPG

The RMC looks to be a better build quality and trim fit. Man, I'm hurting for that cross zip tho. I know that wool and it's the CXL of wool. Really beastly stuff.

Bigbenbs

A-List Customer
I must admit to not quite getting the whole wool cross zip thing, neither this or with the recent Aeros. Seems a bit like the same danger you face when getting a leather trench or pea coat, that what seems great in the abstract appears a bit strange and out of place when it's actually on your body. But I would be very happy to have my mind changed by a couple @Superfluous fit pics

Edward

Bartender
I suppose I should be glad. But really that's something I'd love to have. I've decided to cap what I'm willing to shell out for leather these days, I'm just a weekend warrior after all. Something like that though...I could get a stack of use out of and as such loosen the restriction. I hope you get one SF. I'd love to see it in the wild.

Aero Bootlegger melton wool and leather.,..... just sayin'.... ;)

Aero Bootlegger melton wool and leather.,..... just sayin'.... ;)
Yes. Yes indeed. That could well be just the thing. I've not handled one of their wools. Are they fairly substantial? The RMC wool is really something else. My railcoat would stand up on its own, just like CXL.

Edward

Bartender
I've not directly handles them side by side, but having handled each separately I would consider them on a par. Don't know if the Aeros stand up, but their wool is every bit as good as their leather ime.

Mich486

One Too Many
I bought the RMC submarine wool coat last month and that thing is thick as a rug. Definitely the thickest wool I ever worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ