Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Rock'n Roll HOF inductees

fmw

One Too Many
I always thought of Dr. John as a blues singer and player. Perhaps blues counts as rock 'n roll.

T Rick

Practically Family
I always thought of Dr. John as a blues singer and player. Perhaps blues counts as rock 'n roll.

You would be amazed at the scope of music covered by the Rock Hall. This includes Rap (yup!) and much R&B also. But Dr. John's commercial hit Right Place Wrong Time was a top 40 hit (top 20 in fact), makes him likely regardless of the crossover nature of his music genres

Pure R&R is included, but really it would be more appropriately named the "Pop Music Hall Of Fame".

job

One Too Many
You Gotta love Alice Cooper. An american original. I have seen him a few time in concert. He has a since of humor about it all. More like trick or treat. The b/w photo of him wearing a fedora is on the back of his 1977 album lace and whiskey.

images.jpg
images1.jpg
images3.jpg
images4.jpg
images5.jpg
images6.jpg
images2.jpg

Last edited:

KyleK

One of the Regulars
You would be amazed at the scope of music covered by the Rock Hall. This includes Rap (yup!) and much R&B also. But Dr. John's commercial hit Right Place Wrong Time was a top 40 hit (top 20 in fact), makes him likely regardless of the crossover nature of his music genres

Pure R&R is included, but really it would be more appropriately named the "Pop Music Hall Of Fame".

Dr. John should be in the Hall. The first time I heard the Gris-Gris album it scared the bejeezus out of me. I was 10. Great album. I guess I'm a fan, even though he let one of his songs be the theme music to the TV show "Blossom". Might as well have sung the "Golden Girls" theme, too. I heard an NPR interview with him the other day. He told some interesting stories of coming up in the clubs of New Orleans. Sordid tales of violence, prostitution and the like. Great stuff - much like Tom Waits, this guy is a true performer. Always captivating and enthralling.
He has some great hats, too.

His autobiography is a great read about old time NO. It's a miracle he is still alive after all that he has gone through starting from a very early age(hard drugs, prison, ect.).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana