Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(New) Stetson

Duck

Practically Family
Here is a vintage Stetson that I just purchased. Anyone know what model it is? Or the age of the hat? I will post some better pics when it arrives.
1cf0_1.JPG

1d7f_1.JPG

1e2d_1.JPG

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Damn Pretty hat there Duck. I bet Dean will think so too. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Rooster

Practically Family
Nice lid Duck. I'll guess it's an open road, but what do I know?lol I'd like to have one that color myself!

RBH

Bartender
Sweet hat you got Duck!
I would not think its an Open Road as the crown just dont have the O R look to me. I think it looks a little higher than most O R's I have or have seen.
I would think it was one of Stetsons more Western style hats.
Either way it looks to be a keeper! :eusa_clap

Duck

Practically Family
Thanks everone!!!!:) I don't think it is an OR, because of the wider ribbon, but I am not sure what model it is. I don't think it is one of their more western models because of the wind trolley and what looks like a cav edge.[huh]
Can't wait till it gets here to check it out further.

HDRnR

A-List Customer
I was set to bid on that hat and got distracted and forgot to hit the button ! , probably better off because my wife is already questioning the two hats I recieved yesterday. Anyway I'd say its an Open Road, I've never seen a Stratoliner that wasn't marked "Stratoliner" on the sweatband but I have several hats that are identical to Open Roads that say Royal or Royal Deluxe. I've also seen Stetson 25's and 100's that looked like OR's.

Duck

Practically Family
Open Road

Here is a Open Road I purchased from the same seller. As you can see, there are differences.
3258_1.JPG

Your hat looks quite a bit like my recently acquired (from a fellow Lounger) Stetson Casual, Duck. Mine is of the Royal Stetson variety (as opposed to the 3X designation), it has no wind string, and the ribbon, while similar, isn't identical to yours. But the color and the dimensions appear close to spot on. It also appears that yours has an overwelted brim edge, as does mine. Just to confuse matters -- based on some of the old advertisements I've seen posted here, it seems that at various times in the company's long history Stetson bestowed the "Casual" name upon hat models that bear little resemblance to one another. And then we've also seen many Stetsons that are apparently as they were when they left the factory (with the original sweatbands and liners and whatnot), that are dead ringers for an Open Road, maybe, or a Whippet, but that carry no model name at all.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Well- it's certainly not a playboy, it has a mode edge.
I'd been watching that one all week. I missed the end of the auction, though.

You got it for an amazing price.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Dinerman said:
Well- it's certainly not a playboy, it has a mode edge.
I'd been watching that one all week. I missed the end of the auction, though.

You got it for an amazing price.

I'm glad we settled that. So now we're soldily back at square one.

dean

Duck

Practically Family
deanglen said:
I'm glad we settled that. So now we're soldily back at square one.

dean
Yep, but a nice bit of discourse in the middle.:D I guess I will have to wait till it gets here and maybe we can get a better idea then.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
That's an absolutely beautiful lid, Duck. Congrats! Looking forward to seeing if you can find out more about its lineage once you receive it.

Cheers,
JtL

Duck

Practically Family
It Has Arrived!!!!!!!

Duck said:
Here is a vintage Stetson that I just purchased. Anyone know what model it is? Or the age of the hat?

1cf0_1.JPG

1d7f_1.JPG

1e2d_1.JPG
I really like this hat, it is in great shape, but I still have no idea of the model.
Crown = Open 5 1/2 inches
Brim = 2 1/2 inches with Mode edge
Ribbon = 13/16 inches
Sweat = 2 inches wide and very soft ( 40's or 30's maybe?)
Logo in the crown is faded out, but it appears to have been like the one on the sweat.
The felt is very soft, maybe the softest hat I have. I know the sweat is the widest of any hat I have.
I will post some pictures of the rebash tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk