Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New style from Aero: Wilderness

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
A pre-launch sample hit the sale page. Looks like a winner.

https://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=4952

2315f365fd90f0b0_Front500[1].jpg

8535f365fe5516e7_Back500[1].jpg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That’s pretty nice, a bit of a western feel with the front yoke. I would simplify the pockets if I were ordering one but that looks pretty sweet for sure!

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I wish Aero would focus on improving their product rather than trying to sell us the same pattern with rotating pocket and back panel set up as a new jacket every other month. Two-piece sleeves, French seams, improved fit and weight distribution in the shoulder area, better range of motion, these are the things I would love to see.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I wish Aero would focus on improving their product rather than trying to sell us the same pattern with rotating pocket and back panel set up as a new jacket every other month. Two-piece sleeves, French seams, improved fit and weight distribution in the shoulder area, better range of motion, these are the things I would love to see.

Agreed, all they do are cosmetic overhauls of the same not great patterns...
You can tell just looking at the pic that the jacket is going to rest on the neck, the bottom hem is going to flare out like crazy and the back of the shoulders is going to be tight.
It seems their stitching has gotten neater recently, the only thing still lacking is pattern comfort and fit.

Edward

Bartender

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I don't know because I've never ordered a custom jacket from Aero. But is Aero open to pattern changes? For example, can you specify a particular bottom hem width or ptp measurement, keeping every else standard to size?

Bahabp100

Practically Family
Yes that jacket looks quite nice. Leather looks amazing . Is this jacket “based” on another jacket or a vintage style? Thanks

Jin431

Call Me a Cab

This is a great take on aero's construction. Can you pls share what's the plus side of having 2 piece sleeve vs 3?

Edward

Bartender
I don't know because I've never ordered a custom jacket from Aero. But is Aero open to pattern changes? For example, can you specify a particular bottom hem width or ptp measurement, keeping every else standard to size?

As ever, always best to go direct to Aero and ask them. The rule of thumb is that they will often, within reason, make small changes to the pattern for sizing or pocket-type variation, but anything which calls for a radical alteration to the pattern is not within their business model. If you want particularly modern features in terms of specific types of gussetting or other design variations which only came in after 1960, Aero's not the place to go. The brand is very firm that it's identity is rooted in pre-1960 design styles, and while they don't often directly reproduce a specific civilian model from that period as an exact reproduction, all their patterns are designed to have been possible within the aesthetic and construction norms of that period. Which makes sense for anyone into vintage, really, but won't always appeal to those who don't.

Yes that jacket looks quite nice. Leather looks amazing . Is this jacket “based” on another jacket or a vintage style? Thanks

With their civilian jackets, Aero tend not to often replicate a specific jacket down to every last detail; rather, they'll combine various period details to create a jacket that could well have been made pre-1960 with the aesthetics and technology of that period. Don't know whether this one is one of his, but often Ken will start with an original jacket and add a few period appropriate tweaks to the design, or combine features from more than one model. The Aero Indian MC jacket combines features from two or three different variations of originals Ken studied, incorporating preferred tweaks from each.

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Maybe I'm in the minority but to me that jacket is a hot mess. Western front yoke + bell flared bottom + mouton collar + half belt back = :confused:
Not sure I’d go as far as hot mess but I agree it looks like an odd mixture of styles IMO, it almost looks like a woman’s jacket based in deco and shape. Kind of similar to that Aero alpine women’s jacket. But at least it’s another flavor choice, like baskin Robbins ice cream!

Aloysius

Did anyone end up ordering this? I’ve been eyeing the one in stock for months and I’m hoping to buy by sale’s end.

Seems like the TFL consensus is that it’s rubbish although that wouldn’t deter me.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I almost did. I’d want a custom one with some custom material finishing though. The western yoke is awesome.

Edward

Bartender
Did anyone end up ordering this? I’ve been eyeing the one in stock for months and I’m hoping to buy by sale’s end.

Seems like the TFL consensus is that it’s rubbish although that wouldn’t deter me.

Not yet. I will be as soon as I clear a few other demands and can justify the scratch, though. The only toss up between whether this or a Rockefeller in black goat comes first is what the season will be on arrival, allowing for production time from date of order.

I love it too. Reminds me of my Windward. My consensus is that it is anything but rubbish. I think it’s brilliant.

I don't think it's rubbish. It's very lovely jacket. Seems we've been taking Aero for granted 'cause of how popular they are here but they still make a very good jacket which at this moment, seems to be more reasonably priced than ever.

Aloysius

Not yet. I will be as soon as I clear a few other demands and can justify the scratch, though. The only toss up between whether this or a Rockefeller in black goat comes first is what the season will be on arrival, allowing for production time from date of order.

We're of the same mind. I was emailing Holly about the Rockafella (in suede, of course) and ANJ-3 (unfortunately Aero is no longer producing the A-2 hybrid style, which is my favourite version since it's the A-2 look with an objectively superior pattern). It strikes me that with autumn already here, the lovely suede jacket will go unworn awhile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk