Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Tailor (L.A.)

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
Fit-Wel Custom Clothes
11755 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 50
Los Angeles, CA 90025
310 479-2099

http://www.fitwel.com/

This is the front room of a Hong Kong tailor operation.

They take your measurements and relay everything back to Hong Kong, where the suit is made. Not true bespoke, as it appears that your measurements are applied to a template, but what I think is called 'Hand Made Off-the-peg'. Their website claims that everyting is sewn by hand, which I assume means a combination of sewing machine and handwork.

Basically this is customtailor.com, with an actual person you can talk to.

Prices for a suit came in around $650-800 depending on the cloth, but I would give them a ring for details.

Their suits didn't look half bad, but I have my doubts about the size of their armholes. But it sems that you could ask them to make them any size you want. The jacket lining was not fused, but floating canvas. There were lots of nice little details like sweat pads and cuff protectors.

They seemed pretty flexible. He said he could make any size or shape lapels or cuffs I wanted etc.

They also make shirts, which run $75-90, plus import duty and tax.
There was a large selection of collars including some very nice 30/40's looking ones. A customer in the store was wearing one of their shirts and it looked good. One interesting note is that when you select 'shirts' on their website it leads you here http://www.customtailoronline.com/

In addition to the above they will also make pants, sport coats and top coats.

The staff consisted of two gentlemen who were very polite and perfectly happy to answer any questions I had. They have a small shop in the back, where they can do some work on site.

RC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot