Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Thedi Belts Review

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
I can't tell you how excited I am to get these new belts. They are still in transit, but Thedi provided these photos just before shipping. I fell in love with Thedi Leathers a few months ago after reading about them on here. As a lover of hand-crafted goods, leather goods, and original, rugged designs, these fit the bill perfectly. You are unlikely to find belts like these at the mall. I plan on wearing these with some good denim or some faded chinos. I am not sure which one will end up being my favorite, but I am truly eager to find out. Theodoros has been a great gentleman throughout the process and he has made good on every promise. My next jacket just may come from him, too. I don't think I could make better photos than his, so I am posting his for everyone to enjoy. Once they arrive I will get some of my own fit photos.

DSC04216.jpg
DSC04217.jpg
DSC04218.jpg
DSC04219.jpg
DSC04223.jpg
DSC04224.jpg
DSC04222.jpg
DSC04221.jpg

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Wow, just wow...
Those are fantastic!!!!!
Are they expensive?
Thank you!
These belts were part of an exchange from an earlier purchase. You would have to email Thedi directly to get an exact quote. €135 each would be a close approximation.

Edward

Bartender
Is there a levle of pre-distressing treatment on those? They look very authentically vintage. Nice colouration.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
WOW!!! That is an amazing process! I couldn't understand what they were saying, but now I am even more excited to receive my belts! Thank you Theodoros!

pawineguy

One Too Many
I really like the way he artificially ages both his belts and his jackets. It must be a difficult process, as most don't come out looking nearly as nice as his do.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
I really like the way he artificially ages both his belts and his jackets. It must be a difficult process, as most don't come out looking nearly as nice as his do.

I couldn't agree more pawineguy. The zig-zag stitching, too, on his shawl collars and the quilting on the shoulders of some of his models are iconic. I hope to own one of these works of art one day.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
Well, the belts arrived yesterday...

The Thedi belts are a bit "thinner" and "dryer" than I expected (compared to Corter's heavy, thick, and almost waxy feel), the belt I used as a comparison (treated with olive oil). Make no mistake, though, the belts look great. They would look even better with a truly worn pair of great-fitting denim, too. (which sadly I don't have). With my constant search for the perfect jeans, I hardly get them to "break in" before switching to a new brand/style. Enough about the jeans.

I took side-by-side photos of the (2) Thedi belts and the (1) Corter belt. Thedi did a good job of pre-distressing on these. I really like that the buckle shows on both sides of the spur when fastened. Many belts do not (see Corter). The belts are a nice wide width, too, which fills up the loop section and really helps to hold up one's pants without too much binding of the jean waistband. I'll let the photos tell the rest of the story. All in all, I am very happy with my new belts from Thedi Leathers. Now to start breaking them in.

thumb_DSC_3088_1024.jpg
thumb_DSC_3089_1024.jpg
thumb_DSC_3090_1024.jpg
thumb_DSC_3092_1024.jpg
thumb_DSC_3093_1024.jpg
thumb_DSC_3094_1024.jpg
thumb_DSC_3095_1024.jpg
thumb_DSC_3096_1024.jpg

Last edited:

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
...and here they are, treated with olive oil, fastened, and with a pair of jeans. Did I mention I'm falling in love?

IMG_7312-1.jpg
IMG_7313-1.jpg
IMG_7314.jpg

Last edited:

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very cool belts. A while back we had a discussion on another thread about belt thicknesses, and I mentioned that there's such a thing as a belt being too thick - to the point where it grinds into your pelvic bone. I have a couple of ranger belts that have the double thickness at the front, and I find I have to wear them a bit loose to be comfortable.

tnjyoung

A-List Customer
So I went in a store last night to buy some beer. The clerk asked for my ID and said "My belt buckle is as old as you are". I laughed and said "Yeah? Well let's see it". He showed it to me and told me that was from an old method called "sand-casting". I told him that I actually had two belts with buckles made from the same process. My Thedi Leathers belt buckles are both made from this old method. I was happy to hear that some of the old methods are still used to this day and it made me want to pull my Thedi Leathers belts out for some revived use. I have still not broken either of them in! They are truly great, though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko