Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New to me Aero Bronco in Russet Jerky Horse

pawineguy

One Too Many
This jacket is the product of an aborted swap of Aero jackets, when my Premier HWM didn't fit @Fanch. On my end, this fit beautifully, and I am very pleased with this jacket. I've never handled the Jerky HH, and I was very pleasantly surprised. It's midweight but not thin by any measure, but with a very soft hand, softer than Vincenza and more like the HH that Thedi uses in many of their jackets. There is some really beautiful grain in some of the flex points, and the collar has a very nice look already also. The Jerky HH is something I might consider for another jacket if I wanted something that was even softer and comfortable than Vincenza, but still retained a fairly comparable weight. (Think the comfort of goat but it's still HH)

It was sewn with OD thread, which I like, and the color is on the darker end of Russet, with knits that are very close to the jacket color. Extremely comfortable to wear, and I finally have an A-2 in the stable.

As always, Fanch is a gentleman to deal with, I only wish the Premier HWM had been a better fit for him.

IMG_0693.JPG IMG_0742.JPG IMG_0747.JPG IMG_0748.JPG IMG_0749.JPG IMG_0750.JPG

IXL

One Too Many
So, if I understand correctly, you now have your jacket, and you now have the Texan's jacket. I see nothing but "win" here. Well, maybe not for the Baja Okie.....

Oh, and you did manage a nice fit on the A2!

Really wonderful jacket! Perfection of a fit and crazy nice grain on this one! lol @ the comments above, I also figured you'd be sending this one back but whatever the deal, keep this A-2!! The style suits you very well.

pawineguy

One Too Many
Yes, I do feel bad for Fanch, because I know he really liked the HWM. I'm really trying to thin the herd, and so now I have to re-group. I will be holding onto the Premier HWM, but something else may have to go to make room for the A-2.

Edit: Fanch did pick up some nice new goodies for himself this week so don't feel too bad for him. :)

Last edited:

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Actually old Fanch is happy as a clam that the Aero A-2 Bronco fits PAWINEGUY better than it does me. Furthermore PAWINEGUY is now a full fledged member of the club since the prerequisite for membership is possession of at least one A-2. Although my one remaining A-2, a G&B Model 43, is not quite as "authentic" as the Aero Bronco A-2, the G&B is close to a full size bigger and gives me a bit more breathing room. Not of least consideration is PAWINEGUY's photographer is simply outstanding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana