Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New (to me) Eastman Luftwaffe

matei

One Too Many
Hi all.. just picked up an immaculate secondhand Eastman Luftwaffe jacket, in black. It must be from some time ago, as I see the new ones all have Ostmann rather than Luftwaffe, but no matter. It doesn't appear that the previous owner ever wore it.

All the political ramifications of this sartorial source aside (I'm not a right-wing Nazi support for the record), this is one well-tailored article of clothing. I was after a vintage-styled jacket that was warm enough to wear during the colder months but not look overtly military. As this style was based on the cyclist jackets available in France at the time, it fit the bill.

In the past I hesitated buying one new, as I'm 5'11'' and 85kg and usually wear a 44 long - however this fits like it was made for me. I've had other 44 length jackets that I've had to send back (such as an A-2) as they looked a bit silly, but this is perfect. Perhaps it has to do with the wide-to-narrow tailoring.

The leather is so smooth that initially I had a hard time believing it was actually leather! :) This is not a lot of grain. Assuming it is horse, based on ELC's page for the new Ostmann jacket. It is heavier than my horse ELC A-2 Rough Wear.

I got to try it out during a late afternoon trip with the family to insanely-packed Christmas market at Stratford-Upon-Avon. It was about 7C, and I was perfectly fine with nothing but a vest and a light jumper underneath.

The armyscyes are high as you would expect on a vintage-styled jacket, and raising my arms and doing other such tasks doesn't result in the jacket shoulders rising up to my ears. It doesn't feel stiff or confining at all.

It does look a bit like a biker jacket (?!) to those unfamiliar with the styling - as it is black and has the zipps on the sleeves - I've had a few people ask me if I went out and bought a bike, but it doesn't scream Third Reich.

Al 916

One Too Many
I missed on on the bay a month ago.

would enjoy seeing pics

I used to do the Christmas market in Bath when I was out West

Voodude

New in Town
I've lusted after a Vanek Luftwaffe for quite sometime. I'm just scared to order one because I'm in the US, he's in Austria and I'm worried about the language barrier.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I've lusted after a Vanek Luftwaffe for quite sometime. I'm just scared to order one because I'm in the US, he's in Austria and I'm worried about the language barrier.
There are people outside of the US who speak English too.

Voodude

New in Town
There are people outside of the US who speak English too.
I understand that. Everything on his FB page is in German, though. I should probably just send him a message and go from there. The Luftwaffe he has on his website and the one that was on this forum (I think they might be the same jacket) are the best looking I've seen.

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I’ve had one of these jackets from ELC for many years in steer hide. It’s my longest owned leather and I won’t be parting with it. It has a Civvy vibe and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. Weight wise with that lining it’s a winter only wear here in Southern England.

matei

One Too Many
Reviving this old thread, finally got around to taking some pics!
IMG_4090.jpeg
IMG_4091.jpeg
IMG_4092.jpeg
IMG_4089.jpeg

matei

One Too Many
This is as good a fit as you gonna get out of that jacket.
Thanks. I was concerned with it being a standard 44 rather than a 44L, but it is fine. At least I think so, as does the missus, whose opinion carries more weight! ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner