Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Year Resolution about leather jackets hobby

AHP91

Practically Family
Website would be nice, Terry. Speaking of which, do you happen to still have the Mission Leather jacket? Probably too big for myself, just wondering what happened to this one. Perhaps one of my favorites I've seen.

mah03198-mp4_20210528_190404-233-jpg.337967

mah03198-mp4_20210528_195729-942-jpg.337969

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, this thread is what I need to get going!

I have the same resolution as you. I have made this resolution for several years too. I have two recent jackets to do some work on. This thread has really put me on the spot, at least to me!

Fur collars are another focus. I have accumulated several styles of fur collars to be used as models. There is much information on the making of collars on this forum.

1. Sell, sell, sell! This will be big. I've just got too many jackets.

2. Buy, buy, buy

I'm also looking to create a website to post sale jackets and have other content on vintage leather. With Instagram there appears to be a hunger for vintage. I have messages every day asking about jackets for sale. Some on instagram are members here, but seems most are not?

So I will be putting a price on many jackets I have never offered publicly. I've sold many jackets this last year with no public advertisement, just people asking.

I have several book ideas I hope to be taking action on this year.

Thanks for putting me on the Spot!
Buying, selling, repairng are part of this hobby. Steps we go through to curate our own museum of jackets. haha.

Instagram is really great because it's all photos. I learn about many jacket's existence just from swiping through the photos, and sometimes I DM to ask about how to purchase. A complimenting website would be ideal. It's easier to place order through the website than through the DM's. Just seems more professional and gives the buyer a piece of mind. Can't wait to see what you've got cooking in the oven.

Website would be nice, Terry. Speaking of which, do you happen to still have the Mission Leather jacket? Probably too big for myself, just wondering what happened to this one. Perhaps one of my favorites I've seen.

mah03198-mp4_20210528_190404-233-jpg.337967

mah03198-mp4_20210528_195729-942-jpg.337969

Years ago TM beat me out on that one. What a jacket! I floundered on measurements and TM swooped in lol. If it’s a special jacket and a possible fit, hit the bin. Lesson learned.

Edit: Though I did it again with a $350 Durable MC jacket. lol. No idea who snagged it. Lesson really learned after that one.

danogun

New in Town
I've been actually following the forum since last year, I think the system thought I'm a spam bot and banned my first account so I wasn't able to post anything. Now I understand what a blessing it was because I wasn't able to buy anything :p. I recently created this new account, bought ton of new leather and I'm already getting divorce threats :)
Divorce is way more expensive!

Viking752

Practically Family
Over the last several years I have carefully curated my collection of leather jackets to fit my big ass frame. My resolution is to lose weight and hit the gym again. Too much reshaping and that triggers a mass sell off, that is a very difficult balance. Such a first world dilemma, to keep things in perspective.……

Edward

Bartender
Eh, well.... It's been a few years since I last bought a new jacket, so maybe this will be the year I finally get organised enough to have a couple that need relining dealt with, and maybe order something new. Or at least get myself organised enough to arrange the financial wherewithal.... Not as easy, alas, as once it was, as the last thirteen years or so inflation has increased markedly ahead of my salary.

There's a fair few Aeros on my list, and possibly, if they bring them back this year, a Cathcart Heritage Grizzly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner