Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Years Vintage Jacket Sales!!

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Late 50s Horsehide Taubers Police Jacket

Traditional black heavy Horsehide. Leather has great patina with nice brown wear through(Real Tea Core!) Shoulders upper arms are strong, original Talon main zipper is well sewn and fine working. The right pocket has a Talon Diamond pull, the left side pull is missing. Both zip fine. Straight zip with badge holder. Lining is poor, loose in neck area, wear through the lining in pocket bag area. Two inside pockets one with Talon tear drop pull. Both Labels are present. and Storm cuffs in working order as are both cuff snaps.

Very presentable, wears well, looks great.

I think you know I'm a Taubers fan. They fit me better that the other California makes. This is a very traditional Police jacket made in San Fransico, CA.

PRICE: $280 shipped in CONUS

Additional picture album.

DSC07777.jpg
DSC07802.jpg
DSC07803.jpg
DSC07804.jpg
DSC07806.jpg
DSC07807.jpg
DSC07809.jpg
DSC07811.jpg
DSC07812.jpg
DSC07813.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Traditional black heavy Horsehide. Leather has great patina with nice brown wear through(Real Tea Core!) Shoulders upper arms are strong, original Talon main zipper is well sewn and fine working. The right pocket has a Talon Diamond pull, the left side pull is missing. Both zip fine. Straight zip with badge holder. Lining is poor, loose in neck area, wear through the lining in pocket bag area. Two inside pockets one with Talon tear drop pull. Both Labels are present. and Storm cuffs in working order as are both cuff snaps.

I think you know I'm a Taubers fan. They fit me better that the other California makes. This is a very traditional Police jacket made in San Fransico, CA.

View attachment 204302 View attachment 204303 View attachment 204304 View attachment 204305 View attachment 204306 View attachment 204307 View attachment 204308 View attachment 204309 View attachment 204310 View attachment 204311
This is not gonna last.

View attachment 204302 View attachment 204303 View attachment 204304 View attachment 204305 View attachment 204306 View attachment 204307 View attachment 204308 View attachment 204309 View attachment 204310 View attachment 204311

This is what we come here for. Just... Wow.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Horsehide Thunderbay Style jacket. This is the style of jacket that Aero Leather Company used to duplicate their Thunderbay.

It is marked as Horshide, no makers label or size label. Fits me like a 44/46. I'm in the recent video at 5'9" 190 pounds with a heavy sweatshirt on and can zip and be quite warm. The jacket is not a heavy hide. There is wear on the leather shell,. a shoulder seams needs some attention. A little wear on the upper shoulders and arms, but much life left. The lining is worn as pictured. The zipper pull is on the left side which makes it difficult for me to zip. The male (pin) zipper is loose, but can zip with care.

PRICE: $190 shipped in CONUS.

DSC07490.jpg
DSC07524.jpg
DSC07525.jpg
DSC07526-COLLAGE.jpg
DSC07539-COLLAGE.jpg
DSC07522.jpg
DSC07523.jpg

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Nice price for this Taubers, I would bite if I did not alresdy have one. I like your goat halfbelt but too small

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Horsehide Thunderbay Style jacket. This is the style of jacket that Aero Leather Company used to duplicate their Thunderbay.

It is marked as Horshide, no makers label or size label. Fits me like a 44/46. I'm in the recent video at 5'9" 190 pounds with a heavy sweatshirt on and can zip and be quite warm. The jacket is not a heavy hide. There is wear on the leather shell,. a shoulder seams needs some attention. A little wear on the upper shoulders and arms, but much life left. The lining is worn as pictured. The zipper pull is on the left side which makes it difficult for me to zip. The male (pin) zipper is loose, but can zip with care.

PRICE: $190 shipped in CONUS.

View attachment 204322 View attachment 204323 View attachment 204324 View attachment 204325 View attachment 204327 View attachment 204328 View attachment 204329
Nice one T, and it would fit me too. But, alas I have to go to the beach now.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Nice price for this Taubers, I would bite if I did not alresdy have one. I like your goat halfbelt but too small

That Taubers was kinda forgotten about, I thought I sold it. I had another size up that I did sell. I was confused.

The Goat is nice and too small for me.

Terry got the penny’s jacket today. This thing is like new man I can’t believe in how good a shape it’s in and the best part it fits like a glove!
Love it.
Thanks again!
81da1242ed6ee15e88fada316aee8c5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Holy Hell!!! That is as good as it gets. Looking sharp.

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Terry got the penny’s jacket today. This thing is like new man I can’t believe in how good a shape it’s in and the best part it fits like a glove!
Love it.
Thanks again!

Double Wow!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
At least that is some support! Good to hear you have things to do in your old age!

I just got a jacket idea for you or maybe the whole jacket. You wear a 44 or so?
Yeah T 44 or 46 works for me. The usual challenge is finding sleeves long enough. I have kind of given up on true vintage.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Love it.
Thanks again!

Thanks for posting the picture. It looks great! I'm always curious how these jackets look on the right person. This one was indeed like new. Make sure you get that label stitched before it comes loose all the way

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for all the likes on this jacket. I feel lucky enough that the measurements worked out but that it’s also so clean and hard to believe this is a vintage jacket . The pockets are stout and fabric still feels like new and the brass zippers are as fresh as can be too . The only slight wear of course is at the back collar area and that only tells me that yes the jacket was worn a few times.
Terry you know your jackets man and you have a great eye for quality!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko