Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New York Times discovers typewriters

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I just bought a 1940s Royal typewriter that works great. I am wondering, though, if I can use it after typing on a computer keyboard for so many years...

I started typing on my mom's manual typewriter back in the '80s, but it was hunt and peck for me until I hit high school and learned the proper way to type (and then on an electric typewriter). Still, I plan on maybe typing a few letters on the ol' Royal.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
At least The Times is changing its focus on vintage ways and goods from creepy, mole-like urban obsessives to happy-go-lucky hipsters.

Altho I doubt we're going to see a funky wind-up-phonograph hootenanny in the foreseeable future - as far as consumerism goes, the dorkiest writer is still cooler than the hippest record collector.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I used to have my grandmother's old Smith Corona Elite portable typewriter. I lost it in a move decades ago, and I still mourn its loss. But I do have the typewwriter my old girlfriend's dad used when he was at Oxford in the late 1940's. Tres cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points