Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Next haircut...

Jovan

Suspended
This time, I'm truly going to do something different. I'm thinking of a '50s conservative haircut, like the ones in Good Night and Good Luck. What would best suit me? Male and female opinions alike are welcome. (Given there are a few hairdressers here.)

In case anyone has missed any, here's a picture of me.

dostacos

Practically Family
Jovan said:
This time, I'm truly going to do something different. I'm thinking of a '50s conservative haircut, like the ones in Good Night and Good Luck. What would best suit me? Male and female opinions alike are welcome. (Given there are a few hairdressers here.)

In case anyone has missed any, here's a picture of me.

well you have enough hair to go with most styles, I would suggest getting a picture of what you want and taking it to a GOOD retro barber. I think most anything would look good on you

IF you lived out here I would say check out Hawleywood's, actually I would say check them out anyway, they have a page of pictures of several hair styles.{I got the "business mans" cut today as a matter of fact.}

If nobody pipes up with a good barber in your area,
you might email Donnie and see if he has a suggestion for your area, he may not but it is worth a shot.

I use their Layrite wax and love the way it washes out but still holds well.

You might look for a place that does straight razor shaves because if they can do the shave they probably can do what you want with a haircut.

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
What's nice about the cut you'd like is that you could also play around with it since it's longer on the top. You could even pull off a "greaser" look, but I think you'd look best with it styled like how George Clooney has it in the movie "Good Night Good Luck." Make sure to bring a photo of the hairstyle when you get your haircut.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
the hair styles in that film differ from person to person, so make sure you narrow it down to one specific do, preferably on someone with a similar shaped face to you. but yes, i think the clean 50s look can't go wrong.

=Clipper=

One of the Regulars
Jovan,
My suggestion/opinion would be to keep it at that length, if not grow out the bangs longer. The sides look about a decent length as well. I style my hair more 30's through (Very) Early 50's and the length you have, I say, is sufficient enough for a vintage styled haircut.
Here are a few examples of mine. NOTE: Please excuse the one with the darkened pencil line whiskers. As I had to darken them for a Halloween party:p .

sorry for the lame camera photo:
halloween2007ri8.jpg

=A smaller, more conservative pompadour=
playa2007lz5.jpg

=Top View=
guayaberaupdatesi6.jpg

Hope this helps!
=Adrian=

Jovan

Suspended
I think I should clarify, the picture up top is not current. It was just the best one I could find on hand of my facial structure. Currently my hair's a little shorter than that, and a bit more so at the sides.

snowslider

New in Town
speaking of greasers... diddnt the movie 'the outsiders' have a lot of different hair styles? maybe there's a few ideas for you.
each time i watch it i find another modern day celeb and i say "THEY were in this movie?"

"Let's do it for Johnny!"

I always wanted an oder friend named Dallas, so I could call him 'Dally'... and just for that reason alone.
:)

i had long hair for many years, and over 10 yrs ago i shaved my head to rid of it all. when it was growing back I always said "I want an Al Pacino" I think I'm there.

Lola Valentine

One of the Regulars
=Clipper= said:
Jovan,
My suggestion/opinion would be to keep it at that length, if not grow out the bangs longer. The sides look about a decent length as well. I style my hair more 30's through (Very) Early 50's and the length you have, I say, is sufficient enough for a vintage styled haircut.
Here are a few examples of mine. NOTE: Please excuse the one with the darkened pencil line whiskers. As I had to darken them for a Halloween party:p .

sorry for the lame camera photo:
halloween2007ri8.jpg

=A smaller, more conservative pompadour=
playa2007lz5.jpg

=Top View=
guayaberaupdatesi6.jpg

Hope this helps!
=Adrian=

I love your hair, and I particularly like the picture with the moustache!

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
RetroBabydoll said:
What's nice about the cut you'd like is that you could also play around with it since it's longer on the top. You could even pull off a "greaser" look, but I think you'd look best with it styled like how George Clooney has it in the movie "Good Night Good Luck." Make sure to bring a photo of the hairstyle when you get your haircut.

Woweee wow wowzaaa When this this gal join the lounge?????
:eusa_clap

Rooster

Practically Family
Lola Valentine said:
You're welcome. I think you should permanently have a moustache, you suit it (or maybe that's just because I have a thing for men with moustaches.....[huh] ).
Ah! Finally I'm "in" with chciks!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana