Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice new Filson Lined Work Jacket

majormajor

One Too Many
This looks nice. Described as "Soy Wax"...:D;)

bilb.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Looks like a practical, outdoorsy jacket. I like it. What kind of price range are those in? I presume "Soy wax" is waxed cotton? The halfmoon cutout shape reminds me of a reproduction work 'vest'/ waistcoat I've seen. A Thirties design, the latter, from memory.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes! That's what I was thinking of. Hepville does them on Etsy. Are the halfmoon curves just a design, or was there some sort of pocket in there?
Rsing sone makes them. And yes, they have a pockert there. I don't own one so I can't tell if the pocket is practical and would get any use.

pipvh

Practically Family
That's interesting. It looks as if a bit of the Black Label/Filson Italy sensibility has seeped back over the pond. Cool and practical design - I like the pocket configuration.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I am a huge fan of Filson products, although the cost would appear to be almost prohibative for my UK brethren with shipping and VAT costs.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Wholly smokes (or dare i say "soy vay") this is a cool jacket! Think ill bench the asymmetric pocket chore coat on my short list for this- no wait nevermind, I want both :D

budrichard

Familiar Face
The half moon pocket is a front entry into the rear mounted game bag rather than the usual stuffing the bird behind your back. It works very nice and you can keep a roosters tail feathers poking out to say, I got one!
I have Filson Hunting Vest, Tin Cloth Hunting jacket and unoiled Tin cloth hunting vest and jacket.
The unoiled is much more pliable and livable than the oiled. I don't know a thing about this 'soy wax' product. I also don't believe it's lined.
At $440 it's expensive!-Dick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider