Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice old Luftwaffe jacket

majormajor

One Too Many
Spotted this on another site. Sold in the UK last year.

I keep fancying a double breasted short jacket. If something like this was reprod in the UK, I think I'd be sorely tempted!

Love the cut off front!

tumblrmalzovsptk1rzb3ay.jpg

Last edited:

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
You say Luftwaffe, my guess is pre WWII at least(yes I know the Luftwaffe were pre war as well).
Major! Did you ever visit the War & Peace show and see the 'Lufwaffe' jackets a guy was selling(think his name was Don) most were bootsale bargains, some with plastic zips others with YKK(not replacements0 and one even had a St michael label. he would get a black leather jacket of any quality, stick a few dirty repro badges on them and put a £600 tag on the things. he must have had a lucky buy once upon a time as he came back with the things every year.
John.

majormajor

One Too Many
You say Luftwaffe, my guess is pre WWII at least(yes I know the Luftwaffe were pre war as well).
Major! Did you ever visit the War & Peace show and see the 'Lufwaffe' jackets a guy was selling(think his name was Don) most were bootsale bargains, some with plastic zips others with YKK(not replacements0 and one even had a St michael label. he would get a black leather jacket of any quality, stick a few dirty repro badges on them and put a £600 tag on the things. he must have had a lucky buy once upon a time as he came back with the things every year.
John.

You're dead right John. In fact, I nearly put commas round "Luftwaffe".....

I guess, because the Luftwaffe stuff was basically civi jackets bought by pilots, folks can describe just about anything as "Luftwaffe".

In this case, I was just repeating the description from the other site, and from the Ebay page.

A nice old jacket, anyhow:D;)

This style was very popular pre- and post-WWII in Germany. My lederkombi (jacket and trousers) in this double breasted style is from around 1948-'49 - the original owner couldn't remember exactly. It looks and is built just like a bunch of ADEFA stuff I've seen for auction. It's very difficult to date these things exactly.

Lovely jacket, that one.^^ The pocket zippers look like ZIPP brand, difficult to tell but the pullers look right. I don't suppose you have any other pictures of it (the back, lining, zipper close-ups etc)?.

majormajor

One Too Many
This style was very popular pre- and post-WWII in Germany. My lederkombi (jacket and trousers) in this double breasted style is from around 1948-'49 - the original owner couldn't remember exactly. It looks and is built just like a bunch of ADEFA stuff I've seen for auction. It's very difficult to date these things exactly.

Lovely jacket, that one.^^ The pocket zippers look like ZIPP brand, difficult to tell but the pullers look right. I don't suppose you have any other pictures of it (the back, lining, zipper close-ups etc)?.

Hi BK

Here's the old ebay link, with lots of pics at the bottom of the page:D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vtg-30s-W...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think it's the trousers, there's a lot of cloth to spare there which makes everything else look a little constricted.

majormajor

One Too Many
I'm not an expert, but I understand that jodphurs were designed to give room in the leg for when astride a horse.

Obviously not needed for flying, so more about style than practicality?

And certainly very stylish:D

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was looking at one from Pegasus and put in an enquiry about sizes. Anyone know the wait time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ