Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nik's vintage 1930s leather jacket sale size 36-38

Antique Indian Motocycles

One of the Regulars
1940s (DE) early 40s German aviator zip front cotton liner, Marke Bergfreund 19.5in back

The actual weight of the whole jacket is 1100g, insanely thin but very well-preserved, totally wearable horsehide. I'v never seen horsehide that thin from any other than German pre-war makers, and this one certainly feels like an outlier to me.
I have to tried to capture the thin horsehide with the shot of the sleeve rolled in on itself (and I didn't fixate the sleeve in place!), the heavily angled flat pics and some shots of the collar flipped up. The entire jacket is flexible like that, and yet the hide has no weak points.
Bergfreund was one of the top brands.
4 zip pockets, waist buckle strap, cuff stud straps/zips, original plaid cotton lining in excellent condition.
Measures 21.5 inch pit to pit , 24 inch shoulder to cuff, 17 inch shoulder to shoulder, 19.5 inch back

€510,-

LZBcYRP.jpg

2RRCYXf.jpg

fFi4n8x.jpg

YSxaKbe.jpg

BYkaaGG.jpg

RUIjPdB.jpg

Gj5HZAq.jpg

q7zpvxa.jpg

dw14prX.jpg

pfFKZDu.jpg

4cYXZ5z.jpg

Ru7XJ0S.jpg

GpuXesG.jpg

HeFp4hM.jpg

k2W1l7d.jpg

GgDN1Bc.jpg

cV6D8pt.jpg

H75SrJG.jpg
Grossartige Jacke, trägst du normalerweise D46 oder D48?

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thank you. D46 would be US/UK size 36, D48 would be size 38. Being 37"-38" chest and slim in the waist i can wear either. A D46 is form-fitting in the chest, a D48 is a more relaxed fit on me. I'd definitelx need a D48 for layering thick knitwear or comfortably wearing a hoodie, but a D46 is a better fit over a tee shirt.

For further reference, this is a size 36 1930s HB by Aero with the following measurements.
Pit to Pit: 20.75"
Sleeve: 24"
Back: 22.75"
Shoulder: 16.75"

Sorry for replying in English, i just want any interested members to be able to read this as well.

sIBYDTT.jpg

Speechless! Stunning collection indeed. You wear these so well! I am thankful these are too small or I'd have a lot more jackets and divorce papers waiting at home.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Verkaufst du auch eine "Schnelle Jacke"? 30er Motorradjacke, kurz und zweireihig?
I forget, I do have one but not made of leather. This is a DB button front wool cardigan made of thin, durable wool in a darker jade green. Stunning piece. Cut exactly like the leather versions.

Fits a 36-38 chest, very well preserved and clean.

QGRAwwo.jpg

ZOpIs38.jpg

EEGJeGP.jpg

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
The following jackets have sold. All others are available.

1940s (DE) early 40s German aviator zip front cotton liner, Marke Bergfreund 19.5in back
1930s (US) halfbelt sunburst back ponyhide jacket by Durable 21.5in back

Antique Indian Motocycles

One of the Regulars
1930s (DE) German aviator short zip jacket horsehide 19.5in back

This is one amazing hide here, a thin horsehide, early 30s jacket with construction details from the 20s (shoulder/armskye is set inward, so the shoulder width is narrow by design), fully intact.
Measures 19.5 inch pit to pit , 23.5 inch shoulder to cuff, 16 inch shoulder to shoulder, 19.5 inch back.

€450,-

pPtYcg3.jpg

qenajgo.jpg

Atj4iKl.jpg

axs885z.jpg

cq7jwCb.jpg

9l5aVIz.jpg

3Ip6vCZ.jpg

Xv70IjI.jpg

nzffG6d.jpg

EC4zON5.jpg

wbRuBLT.jpg

3giOI5L.jpg

99qXr0K.jpg

N0nCo9m.jpg

nByAN9E.jpg

0xirtjS.jpg

LxasTXS.jpg

BMoixf4.jpg

QAuyjnW.jpg

RYqZek9.jpg
Würde dir die Jacke gerne abkaufen.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Auctions of the remaining of the above vintage leather jackets (plus two more) ending in the next 30-50 hours.

Seth Byrnes

One of the Regulars
Wow, these are all beautiful. I hope you can find good homes :)

What did you condition them with while they were yours?
They looks very well maintained, so I assume you did give them some kind of attention :)

PDO

New in Town
same jacket, continued

WHiYASQ.jpg

PiaJYFi.jpg

7NWZN6a.jpg

P8ga0jc.jpg

dGZS5VD.jpg

bR1aMYt.jpg

VSvM8zK.jpg

FRNLHgq.jpg

g6Igapj.jpg

WzpArXW.jpg

CvfLAYQ.jpg

jlt9e2B.jpg

V1E0Tn8.jpg

girsx2x.jpg

YHxctW1.jpg

boxmJ9s.jpg

q45T5fu.jpg

qczesFD.jpg
I know its an old post but I have a coat from my father that looks very similar to this one . Your coat has the same type of half belt sunburst back and the sunburst appears to have been created by sewing darts in and not separate pieces . The jacket has a FLASH zipper which appears to be a replacement . No label except size 40 . You mention that you think your jacket is by Durable and i wonder if mine may also be made by the same company . My posting is in the Outerwear and workwear forum under the title Late farther vintage leather coat, help with age and make . The pictures below are from that posting .

Any comments you have would be appreciated .
1697832539260.png

PDO

New in Town
I know its an old post but I have a coat from my father that looks very similar to your
1930s (US) halfbelt sunburst back ponyhide jacket by Durable 21.5in back posted above.
Your coat has the same type of half belt sunburst back. The sunburst design on mine appears to have been created by sewing darts in and not separate pieces . The jacket has a FLASH zipper which appears to be a replacement . No label except size 40 . You mention that you think your jacket is by Durable and i wonder if mine may also be made by the same company . My posting is in the Outerwear and workwear forum under the title Late father vintage leather coat, help with age and make . The pictures below are from that posting .

Any comments you have would be appreciated .
View attachment 553778
Same Jacket ,

1697832990220.png

1697833082476.png

1697833139697.png

1697833159147.png

1697833178811.png

1697833209387.png

1697833244531.png

TheThinMan511

New in Town
Great collection -- I'm glad that they are not my size because then I would have to spend money I can't afford in order to buy one or more of them! Good luck with the sales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112