Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

no longer available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Not sure about these, but you may want to check on shipping regulations. The last time I ordered cartridges online, they had to go UPS and had to be specially marked as "ordinance." The Feds have become increasingly strict about enforcing the rules.

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Johnnysan said:
Not sure about these, but you may want to check on shipping regulations. The last time I ordered cartridges online, they had to go UPS and had to be specially marked as "ordinance." The Feds have become increasingly strict about enforcing the rules.

Thanks for the tip. I'll just be charging whatever the carrier charges me if these are claimed, plus a buck for paypal fees.

A few more days and than I'll take the ad down for non-interest in claming these for your very own.

Lily Powers

Practically Family
Johnnysan said:

And the US Postal Investigators boast the highest conviction rate of any Federal law enforcement agency, too! ;)

Still learning, but the ones in the photo are cartridges and not bullets, right
?

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Lily Powers said:

Still learning, but the ones in the photo are cartridges and not bullets, right
?

Yes. "Rounds" would also be accurate terminology.

--------------

What is it about people leaving .22s around when they bug out of a place!? My neighbor is landlord of many properties and he knows I've got a secure weapons safe and ammo containers so he's always bringing me handfuls of these things he comes up with at his properties. And I don't even OWN a .22.

--------------

Betty, unless you've got some clod on your block like me to 'unload' them on for safe storage I suggest seeing if there's a gun shop or range in your area who would take them for disposal. Kind of you to offer them to us but might be a pain to ship and they do look a little grungy for actual use.

Very cool way you photographed them, by the way.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Turn them over to the cops for disposal. Sending them through the U.S. mail is illegal, even before 911 and all the homeland security & anti-terrorism changes. You're in a maze of federal, state, county and local law enforcement jurisdictions and one mis-step can lead to untold hassles. Offering them to others is a nice gesture, but not if it ends up with the sender or recipient or both found guilty of felonies they didn't know they were violating in the first place. I've also heard old ordnance has a tendency to become more unstable with age.

Boodles

A-List Customer
I agree with Mr Finch (As usual) and Mike in Seattle

To support what others have said, these appear to be an assortment of .22 cal. rimfire "bullets" which have very little value. Postal regulations prohibit shipping of ammunition, I think, and the others require ground tranportation only, again I think. I would not risk shipping, via any method, less than a bucks work of goods. Someone said this already, but the interstate transportation of stuff like this is not something you'd want to do. Also please don't throw them out in the trash, it's just too dangerous for the people who handle the waste. I support the idea of calling the constable, they might be willing to drop by your place and pick them up.

DBLIII

One of the Regulars
Yet another in agreement regarding sending the cartridges anywhere. They must not go USPS. If shipped UPS, they must be labeled as "ORM-D" which is the explosives classification for small arms cartridges, and they cannot go by air.
Then, there are about a dozen states where it is not legal to send ammunition into the state - NY and MA are two examples.

Old 22 cartridges like those are not dangerous if you just want to keep them someplace where they won't be located by some kid with a hammer. If you want rid of them, bury them in the ground. The moisture will eventually decompose them to an inert state. Or, toss them in a cup full of water for a month. Or coat them with WD-40.
If someone did manage to get one to go off outside a firearm, they really don't do much except go bang. The bullet stays close to the ignition site and the brass part is what flies away since it has less mass than the bullet.

Just noticed you are in CA, so depending on where you live, it may be illegal for you to have them at all. I'd not call the police. Just make the cartridges "go away."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24