Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noble House Indiana Jones jacket

samo

One of the Regulars
Due to many speculations regarding the Noble House (NH) jackets quality I present You my impressions and a few pics of NH Indiana Jones jacket.
First, the jacket is not a very accurate copy of the original as could also be easily seen of the manufacturer web shop. For me the perfect copy is not really important, I found the attraction of this jacket in its simplicity and functionality.

Beside my preferred measurements jackets only customization is an absence of big and shiny Indiana Jones label in the lining under the breast pocket. By the way, it is interesting that pocket is in the right side of the jacket instead on the left?

The jacket weights exactly 2,0 kg. Leather is »pre-distressed« steer hide, about 1 mm thick and very soft. So there was no need for initial break-in. The quality of leather is also good. I did not observe differences of thicknesses or more pronounced variations of grain structure in-between the various parts of the jacket.

I also found very positive that hem and cuffs of the jacket are leather protected. The main zipper is strong and durable YKK. Lining is black mid weight black cotton. The stitching is quite ok; nevertheless I noticed some smaller imperfections which do not affect the general impression of the jacket.

Side straps are wide and fixed with D-rings which actually hold well as opposed to all other D-rings I have chance to handle. On the other hand the side straps are stitched to the jacket with single stitching lines. Even though that rips prevent that jacket would be strap tighten really hard, just for the peace of mind I would prefer x-box stitched straps.

I think that NH jacket presents fair value for the money. Its quality is high above some mall jackets but it cannot compete with Alexander’s or Aero.

Last edited:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
It looks like a clunky copy of a Last Crusade jacket, but with three piece sleeves. Once it is broken in it will look heaps better.

schitzo

Suspended
I'm no expert on how these are meant to look, but from here it looks like a decent punt. How does it feel on? Fit pics are always welcomed! Thanks for the review samo

Edward

Bartender
Re the inside pocket, it could be a European thing? [huh] My Wested Raiders has two inside pockets. I've honestly never noticed whether the jackets in the film had an inner pocket, or on what side it appeared to be.

samo

One of the Regulars
Fit is just as I like it to be, but I agree with shitzo that wearing pictures improve impression, so here are some pics.

Not to forget Edward, right pocket position is not likely to be an European thing? This is the first piece of garment for me with such pocket position. Maybe original Indiana Jones jacket has right side pocket or it could be more usual in Germany?

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Ah yes, was using the mobile view earlier which doesn't show location. Could be a German thing, anyone else any ideas? I have a couple of suits like that, but they have a breast pocket on the left which an Indy lacks...

Edward

Bartender
Wested are £169 OTR, £189 made to measure, and £199 for the "hero jacket", supposedly the closest available to their 1980 original. My otr Raiders goat was about gbp60 used, mint condition, on ebay.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Stick with the G&B version, it's more accurate, beautifully made and no where near as awkward looking as this Noble House version.

It does look kind of strange in the first set of pictures but looking at the fit pictures, I have to say, I quite like this jacket. For some reason I probably wouldn't guess it's supposed to be Indy repro but it's a nice jacket in itself!

cm289

One of the Regulars
I think it looks great, even if it's not completely screen accurate. Good score!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Bloody hell, you gave me a fright there. I thought this was a new thread and that they'd let schitzo back in! :eeek:

cm289

One of the Regulars
The jacket's a schitzo or the poster?[emoji53]Confused...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
schitzo was a member. You can see his reply on the first page here and underneath the word "suspended".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk