Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noobie test post, intrduction and questions...

BobJ

Practically Family
Noobie test ....but while I'm here.... anybody have experience with the Aero HG5 in FQHH? Specifically, I'm wondering about range of motion in the arms and shoulders. How does it compare with the Highwayman?

Now that I'm typing I guess I'd better be a bit more olite and introduce myself :eek:

My name is Bob Jackson, I live in Coos Bay Oregon -on the coast - where we've been getting all the rain the midwest farmers have been praying for all summer. I'm 59 years old and an Ultrasound Tech. I just discovered Aero a few weeks ago and was in the process of deciding about ordering a jacket - when, lo-and-behold, thanks-be-to-God, I found The Fedora Lounge! I've been devouring all the information here and deeply appreciate all the freely shared experience. As a consequence, I've completely discarded my original ideas and am beginning to be hopeful that I might be honing in on the perfect jacket -- for me!

This would be my first, and probably only, high quality leather jacket. Considering my age, I barely have time to break in ONE FQHH! My attention has been captivated by the large, seamless panels of the HG5. I think they would look awesome in Vintage Brown FQHH. But I'm not sure about the simple, uncomplicated pattern and fewer pieces going into the jacket. At first I didn't even consider it as I thought the two-piece arms and single piece back were just labor-saving comromises - less cutting and sewing. But now I'm not so sure, maybe it's actually more costly and luxurious to be using such large pieces ?? Anybody out there have experience with the HG5?

I'd like to ramble on a bit, but I'm at work and have to go now. Besides, I'm not even sure I can get this
"TEST" post posted!

Grateful head nod and hat tip,

Bob

I had one. Will post up some pics when I get home. Great jacket. I wore it to the Aero factory to pickup my 50’s HBD. Similar jackets. I'll post up pics of both.

Peacoat

Bartender
Welcome to the Lounge. Good luck on the "perfect" jacket. Even if you find it the first time out, I doubt one will be enough, though. You will have to try just one more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR