Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Northern Electric Telephone

kpreed

One of the Regulars
Northern Electric No. 1.
This is a fully restored phone when I got it 10 years ago, used it every day and still in excellent working condition.
This is the Canadian version of the Western Electric 302 desk phone. It has all of the same parts, just orientated sideways.
This phone features a Brass double gong ringer for that classic ring sound.
Equipped with a modular cord for easy connection.
I have a Candlestick phone now and do not use it.
If you have a Voice over IP (voIP) or Cable TV Phone Service, check with your provider to find out if this phone would be compatiable with their service.
$45.00 plus shipping, P.M. me any questions or if interested.
a15d_1.jpg

Bob Beecher

One of the Regulars
I've actually got one of these--and a whole lot more! They're fun to have around the house. My wife hates when I plug them in because there's no REDIAL feature on them.

As an emergency preparedness professional, I can tell you that it's always a good idea to have a "non-powered" phone in case you have a power outage. Today, most people use cordless phones that rely on a power supply. They feel helpless if the power goes out. The old phones use the low voltage current in the phone line!

carldelo

One Too Many
^^^ I'm right there with you on this one. As an engineer, I like to have equipment as fail-safe as possible. I gladly trade away the cordless feature to enjoy a phone that is completely reliable because it has a cord and external power source. I would just misplace a cordless phone anyway....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana