Not depressed enough? Read this article about declining reading habits.

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by jake_fink, Dec 19, 2007.

1. MrNewportCustom

MrNewportCustom Call Me a Cab

Yes, I did finish . . .

. . . But I did take a short break in the middle. lol

I started reading, but found myself looking forward to the end. Then I saw how long the article was and, during my break, noticed that I was more likely to finish it had I been reading it on paper. So, I came back to it and started where I'd left off.

I became very interested at the point of Luria's experiments with the peasants. I also saw myself when the author described the differences between television viewing and reading. I do tend to hold onto more information when I read it. Alternatively, though, putting a picture to a word also helps the memory.

Although I usually have three books going at any given time, I guess I'm as much a nonreader as I am a reader, because I do watch a lot of television, as well.

Lee

"An artist creates an image to inspire the mind. A writer inspires the mind to create an image."

2. Amy Jeanne

Amy Jeanne Call Me a Cab

Wow. I could have used these article last week when I gave my big, final persuasion speech about reading.

3. Dr. Shocker

Dr. Shocker One of the Regulars

no one reads print is dead just don't tell my boss, I work in the magazine industry

4. MrNewportCustom

MrNewportCustom Call Me a Cab

I sure hope you're wrong about that, Dr. Shocker. I have eight magazine subscriptions (and considering one or two more) and I still pick up others at newstands. lol

Lee

5. Twitch

Twitch My Mail is Forwarded Here

Whe they stop reading they'll all talk like a bunch of gangsta rappers.....:eusa_doh: