Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Not depressed enough? Read this article about declining reading habits.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Yes, I did finish . . .

. . . But I did take a short break in the middle. lol

I started reading, but found myself looking forward to the end. Then I saw how long the article was and, during my break, noticed that I was more likely to finish it had I been reading it on paper. So, I came back to it and started where I'd left off.

I became very interested at the point of Luria's experiments with the peasants. I also saw myself when the author described the differences between television viewing and reading. I do tend to hold onto more information when I read it. Alternatively, though, putting a picture to a word also helps the memory.

Although I usually have three books going at any given time, I guess I'm as much a nonreader as I am a reader, because I do watch a lot of television, as well.

Lee

"An artist creates an image to inspire the mind. A writer inspires the mind to create an image."

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I sure hope you're wrong about that, Dr. Shocker. I have eight magazine subscriptions (and considering one or two more) and I still pick up others at newstands. lol

Lee

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk