Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now this is pretty cool

pawineguy

One Too Many
Hmmmm... not sure about this one. I think there are a few interesting elements on the jacket, but as a whole I don't like it. The braiding at the zippers, if it was cordovan and black, or brown and black, might work for me. I look at this like I'd look at a painting, yes it's a work of art, but I'm not hanging it in my home.

Nick, I've lost all respect for you......:D

lol

I don't like it but that's only because this was the typical take on the Perfecto style where I am and it was either this or the LL but LL was always too expensive and nobody could afford it. No wonder Aero calls it 'European bike jacket'. Hein Gericke alone must've made thousands of jackets like these during the 80's, though I didn't know the design is dating as far back as the 30's. TBH I think they've made that bit up. :D

Nick, I can get you a truckload of 'em if you want, still plenty floating around in the local classifieds.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
lol

I don't like it but that's only because this was the typical take on the Perfecto style where I am and it was either this or the LL but LL was always too expensive and nobody could afford it. No wonder Aero calls it 'European bike jacket'. Hein Gericke alone must've made thousands of jackets like these during the 80's, though I didn't know the design is dating as far back as the 30's. TBH I think they've made that bit up. :D

Nick, I can get you a truckload of 'em if you want, still plenty floating around in the local classifieds.

Well I had a look for one. Did they specifically make a version of THIS model, with the weavings? And how is the quality?

Some had braidings, yep, though I've never seen it in black and red. As the style was too... Lady-friendly, as HD pointed out, I wasn't really paying that much attention to these jackets, but that was pretty much it, yeah. Mostly all had... How's it called, elasticated waist and I did notice the deep chest pocket on some.

As for the quality, the ones from Hein Gericke and Harro were tops really. Shame these brands don't get more exposure, they're as good as Vanson or Aero.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Some had braidings, yep, though I've never seen it in black and red. As the style was too... Lady-friendly, as HD pointed out, I wasn't really paying that much attention to these jackets, but that was pretty much it, yeah. Mostly all had... How's it called, elasticated waist and I did notice the deep chest pocket on some.

As for the quality, the ones from Hein Gericke and Harro were tops really. Shame these brands don't get more exposure, they're as good as Vanson or Aero.

Well my next full priced jacket purchase is gonna be all out. The Aero "hip-hee" (sorry, that word is apparently considered profane) haunts me in my dreams, and I even have this rancher styled jacket with a conservative amount of fringe all mapped out in my mind with Johnson Leathers (either in that beige/tannish cow? someone here had made in a D-pocket from them), or I might even go really bold and just get an Aero jacket in Cherry! If that fails, I've even flirted with the BK Duke if they still have that blue leather around. Rest assured, my next jacket will bring a lot of talk! (And chuckles, that's alright I guess)

Is that the one with rows upon rows of pockets? I say go for it. Duke is cool too though you might wanna hurry with that, but I'm sorry but I cannot support fringe jackets. I can't. I wont!

Today I saw the best jacket ever. It was a straightforward brown jacket, but it had red and yellow fires and flames all over it, all made of leather - but really well made, classy if that's even possible. I was jealous and felt all my turbo expensive jackets are lacking in comparison.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Well my next full priced jacket purchase is gonna be all out. The Aero "hip-hee" (sorry, that word is apparently considered profane) haunts me in my dreams, and I even have this rancher styled jacket with a conservative amount of fringe all mapped out in my mind with Johnson Leathers (either in that beige/tannish cow? someone here had made in a D-pocket from them), or I might even go really bold and just get an Aero jacket in Cherry! If that fails, I've even flirted with the BK Duke if they still have that blue leather around. Rest assured, my next jacket will bring a lot of talk! (And chuckles, that's alright I guess)

Beware Aero's super heavy steer. It's serious stuff.

Rumor has it people who have a chance to compare the two hides, prefer steer over horse.

Nick, what about that jacket with the rising (or setting) sun and rays and stuff? That one was pretty darn cool, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Rumor has it people who have a chance to compare the two hides, prefer steer over horse.

Nick, what about that jacket with the rising (or setting) sun and rays and stuff? That one was pretty darn cool, but I can't remember the name of it for the life of me.

Made by a company in Japan called Jelado. Based off an original East West jacket (an example is currently still on ebay last time I checked).

Sloan, Holly said they stopped carrying the heavy tan steer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 215

nick123

I'll Lock Up
The one on ebay I'm talking about, $1250 USD. The thing fits me too. If I had the funds I'd have BIN a while ago. Forget price, that jacket is the business. :) If anyone here buys it, please PM me if you ever sell it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko