Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nutty Neighbors

vintageTink

One Too Many
Our neighbors across the street fight, yell, and cuss. Apparently Mr. Stereo Thumper is also a drug dealer.

Our other neighbor with kids...I can't stand those kids. My older son is five. The neighbor kid (he's four) bit my son hard enough to draw blood. He also threw my son's toy Mack at his face and bloodied his nose, it's still bruised and swollen.
I'm not much taller than the kids. Not sure how scary I must have looked, but when I hissed, "Go home NOW!" they beat feet.

Our neighbors across the street fight, yell, and cuss. Apparently Mr. Stereo Thumper is also a drug dealer.

Our other neighbor with kids...I can't stand those kids. My older son is five. The neighbor kid (he's four) bit my son hard enough to draw blood. He also threw my son's toy Mack at his face and bloodied his nose, it's still bruised and swollen.
I'm not much taller than the kids. Not sure how scary I must have looked, but when I hissed, "Go home NOW!" they beat feet.

I would get rid of the drug dealer with a bunch of anonymous tips to the local feds and local constabulary. They work fast here especially since they can keep the seized cash. :p

Little rat kids need to be kept out. They aren't going to end up worth a damn and your son doesn't need the bad influence. I remember long ago when my mother threatened to ground me if I hung out with one particular miscreant friend of mine. She was right. When I was graduating from high school the nut was sitting on the sidelines crying---he flunked.

I would get rid of the drug dealer with a bunch of anonymous tips to the local feds and local constabulary. They work fast here especially since they can keep the seized cash. :p

Little rat kids need to be kept out. They aren't going to end up worth a damn and your son doesn't need the bad influence. I remember long ago when my mother threatened to ground me if I hung out with one particular miscreant friend of mine. She was right. When I was graduating from high school the nut was sitting on the sidelines crying---he flunked.

Solid advice all the way around. Repeated calls to law enforcement worked for our neighborhood. Problem gone.
:D

vintageTink

One Too Many

We've called the Staties a few times. They keep patrolling here but meth is a big problem in this area.

As for the neighbor brats, we try to keep them away as much as possible. They haven't been over in a few days since the incident.

We've called the Staties a few times. They keep patrolling here but meth is a big problem in this area.

As for the neighbor brats, we try to keep them away as much as possible. They haven't been over in a few days since the incident.

Go federal then. You have to have a local federal office around there. The Feds love to bust these kinds of cases. It makes them look good. The next step is to go to the county property records and find out if they own the property, are renting or have a mortgage there. If they own it outright you are out of luck. If they are renting or paying a mortgage then you can inform the real owner---the bank or the property owner that the house is being used in illegal drug activity that exposes them to asset forfeiture laws---meaning the feds can seize their property if the owner knowingly rents to dealers. Of course, send a copy of the letter to the feds and the local authorities making sure he/she knows you did. Now the onus is on him to either kick them out or knowingly rent to them and carry the risk. That has worked several times for friends of mine. You can write the letter anonymous if you wish. :p

I would give my sons the same ultimatum my mother gave me many years ago. :p Those rat kids wouldn't be around. :p

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Well, I'm living in this corporate owned home here in California for a while. One neighbor is a real jerk. A couple branches from a tree grew over the fence and was 10 feet above the ground. So he cut it back to the fence, fine with me, but instead of disposing of the branches himself the moron threw them over into my yard. I came home from work, saw what he did and threw them right back over the fence. "Al" comes out in his too small sweats and tells me that he didn't want it growing into his yard and since it was my tree I should get rid of it. So I told him that "you cut it, you dispose of it. If you do that again it will be you who will be thrown over the fence". Was I being too diplomatic?:D

What a cheeky bugger your neighbour is! And good on your for telling him what's what! :D

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
When I was younger and had purchased my first home, I had issues with a few of the 10 year olds that lived on my street. After a few times of attempting to speak with the children's parents in a calm rational way, ( explaining that I had observed their children breaking the side mirrors off my car, and breaking into my garage) I determined to become the most unlikeable person on my street, went "bonkers" on the parents of the children, had them thinking if their children even came close to my property again, that I would bring about some horrible results to them and their children,(you can imagine what I had to say to them, I cannot place it here for you to read), my home and car was left alone. If I was outside, neighbors would cross the street to avoid me. In reality I did not like having to be that way, but that is what it took to bring the problem to a halt.
I appreciate good neighbors yet will not tolerate any issues that anyone would force upon me.

I have not had "bad neighbors" since my first house, which was in the early 1970's. I think bad neighbors are few and far between, but if I had them now, they would move if they had a few run ins with me. Creative thinking of ways to make a neighbor desire to move is perhaps a challenge but it can be done!

When I was younger and had purchased my first home, I had issues with a few of the 10 year olds that lived on my street. After a few times of attempting to speak with the children's parents in a calm rational way, ( explaining that I had observed their children breaking the side mirrors off my car, and breaking into my garage) I determined to become the most unlikeable person on my street, went "bonkers" on the parents of the children, had them thinking if their children even came close to my property again, that I would bring about some horrible results to them and their children,(you can imagine what I had to say to them, I cannot place it here for you to read), my home and car was left alone. If I was outside, neighbors would cross the street to avoid me. In reality I did not like having to be that way, but that is what it took to bring the problem to a halt.
I appreciate good neighbors yet will not tolerate any issues that anyone would force upon me.

I have not had "bad neighbors" since my first house, which was in the early 1970's. I think bad neighbors are few and far between, but if I had them now, they would move if they had a few run ins with me. Creative thinking of ways to make a neighbor desire to move is perhaps a challenge but it can be done!

Aha! Another 1970s issue. The kids were future hippies or their parents were hippies. :p Makes sense.

vintageTink

One Too Many
Go federal then. You have to have a local federal office around there. The Feds love to bust these kinds of cases. It makes them look good. The next step is to go to the county property records and find out if they own the property, are renting or have a mortgage there. If they own it outright you are out of luck. If they are renting or paying a mortgage then you can inform the real owner---the bank or the property owner that the house is being used in illegal drug activity that exposes them to asset forfeiture laws---meaning the feds can seize their property if the owner knowingly rents to dealers. Of course, send a copy of the letter to the feds and the local authorities making sure he/she knows you did. Now the onus is on him to either kick them out or knowingly rent to them and carry the risk. That has worked several times for friends of mine. You can write the letter anonymous if you wish. :p

I would give my sons the same ultimatum my mother gave me many years ago. :p Those rat kids wouldn't be around. :p
Excellent suggestions. I'll see if I can find the office.

They still haven't been over here. Their mom doesn't like my kids anyway so I guess she decided that keeping them apart is a good idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana