Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYT Article | Rare 1936 MB May Set Auction Record

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Baroness Gisela Josephine von Krieger's long abandoned MB languished in a dusty Connecticut warehouse for 30 years!

"This was no ordinary Mercedes. It turned out to be an exceedingly rare 1936 540K Special Roadster. Fewer than 10 such cars are said to survive in comparable condition, and Gooding, who is now the president of his own auction house, Gooding and Company, believes the completely restored roadster might set the record for the most expensive car ever sold at auction when his firm offloads it in August during the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance."

12sub2mercedes-heyman-tmagArticle.jpg

Full Article Link: http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/12/the-baroness-and-her-lost-mercedes/

mummyjohn

Familiar Face
This is one of the main reasons why my dream job is "being Jay Leno." Not just hosting Tonight, but literally being Jay Leno. I can't wait until the day I'm picking out a car or bike in the morning the way I pick out a tie now. Besides, every well-dressed man knows, a man's tie should always compliment his vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112