Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

****Obscure Female Jazz Singers****

unexplainedphenomona

New in Town
Greetings,

I wanted to share an ongoing discussion I came across about obscure female jazz singers. It contains not only music but pictures, performances, album covers, anecdotes, and memories of singers of jazz music. The information varies from an Aboriginal Australian female jazz singer, a colorful album cover with a tub full of apples, women who owned their own night clubs, and a female jazz trumpeter that Armstrong called "the second greatest after me."

https://www.forums.stevehoffman.tv/...gers-of-jazz-standards-1930s-to-1960s.588217/

Please add some names if you can or just listen to music you may not be familiar with.

Thank you for your time.

unexplainedphenomona

New in Town
81 pages and nobody mentions Irene Beasley? Cleo Brown? Wynn Murray? Benay Venuta? Sylvia Froos? Baby Rose Marie?

Thank you for your reply. It is an ongoing discussion. Your addition to the discussion will be greatly appreciated because it regrettably has few female contributors. Can you please join in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner