Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Obscure leather jacket brands

Americanaaa Mark

A-List Customer
Please list obscure leather jacket brands that are in business.

I have a list of brands but I'm wondering if there are any out there I haven't heard of.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Orgueil
Colimbo
Lost Worlds
Shakedown Trading
White Feather Manufacturing
Jelado
Rainbow Country
High Large Leathers
Johnson Leathers
Mister Freedom

* There is another Japanese brand but I cannot remember the name . . . they make great single and double rider jackets . . . single rider has rounded back

Blackadder

FourSpeed Leathers
Addict Clothes Japan
Y'2 Leather
Tenjin Works
Kadoya
Freedom
Degner
Leather House Japan although carries mostly other brands does offer a few of its own items
All of the above are based in Japan so add jp when google to narrow search.

Funny thing with Lost Worlds. They seem relatively obscure compared to Schott, Aero, Vanson, etc. but try Googling Buco J-24 or J-100 or some other jackets and it's their site and their jacket that turns up as a first result.

So is that 666 stuff ripping off Lewis Leathers and Mascot or are they working together or what? Many of these Japanese brands look horrendous in the promo shots, like stretched leather pipes with sleeves and collar stuck on. No shape or form whatsoever. And what's with the oversized boots?

Blackadder

So is that 666 stuff ripping off Lewis Leathers and Mascot or are they working together or what? Many of these Japanese brands look horrendous in the promo shots, like stretched leather pipes with sleeves and collar stuck on. No shape or form whatsoever. And what's with the oversized boots?
FourSpeed made in Japan focuses on reproducing Brando and James Dean's jackets.
As far as I know, most if not all 666 jackets are made in England. The company started by importing goods from England then started its own brand by tweaking the jackets to fit the average Japanese. You can try to decipher the company history page.
Freedom sources its jackets from India/Pakistan copying various designs.
Kadoya and Degner makes bike-wear, mostly MIJ.
Y'2 made in Japan makes cheaper but still pretty good repros of all kind of style.
Tenjin Works is a small workshop, mostly made to order in Japan.
Leather House is mainly a dealer.
What oversized boots?

There's a company called westride:
https://masuya1997.com/item/westride-chpw-reguler-model/
They make stuff similar to langlitz and Vanson and also, though the name I can't place, a company that makes stuff very similar to those two as well. I took a screen shot of this model as I'd like to have it built without the white details.
IMG_0388.JPG

Edward

Bartender
That Westride hints at (but doesn't completely reproduce) one of Johnny Thunders' jackets.

666s I've seen I suspected might have been made by Lewis. They do work with and for other labels; did a couple of jackets for Triumph a few years ago. There's also that Leather Monkeys brand who started of dealing in vintage Lewises, then had them copied. The Lewis copies they sell definitely won't be UK made with a retail of £299. I've seen one in the eild. Looked quite nice. Bit wary of dealing with them, though, after they tried for a long time to abuse the Lewis name to sell them on ebay. Made me wary that thry may have cut corners and such if they were rrlying on the Lewis keyword search rather than building their own rep.

As well as the revived Mascot, we've also discussed in the past the revived GoldTop brand. They're now looking at fitting their jackets for ce armour while maintaining original style, which is interesting. GT were another British maker back in the day. The revived business is uk based, though I don't know where they produce the jackets.

GTH stuff can be nice, right at the budget end. It's a house brand for Silverman's government & military surplus store here in London. Nice Perfecto styles dirt cheap. Been tempted to look at their issue g1 copy too. Wested level prices, good for a beater!

Blackadder

There's a company called westride:
https://masuya1997.com/item/westride-chpw-reguler-model/
They make stuff similar to langlitz and Vanson and also, though the name I can't place, a company that makes stuff very similar to those two as well. I took a screen shot of this model as I'd like to have it built without the white details.
View attachment 67358
Yes Westride have some CHP repros but they also carry half belt and 30s aviator. I suspect that Westride do not make their own leather jackets. Take for example brands like Attractions, Stevenson Overall all have very nice leather jackets but they do not make them in house.
http://www.w-river.com/shop/shop.cgi?id=1&kid=7
http://www.veck.com/shopdetail/004003000020/
That is a Kadoya in your screenshot?

Superfluous

I have admired several of the above-mentioned brands from afar, but am reluctant to pull the trigger because, with few exceptions, I know little or nothing about the quality of their leather and manufacturing. Moreover, many of the Japanese niche brands are simply too small. I saw this Orgueil while recently in Taipei and would buy it in a heartbeat if they made my size:

4002A_001.png

Blackadder

I have admired several of the above-mentioned brands from afar, but am reluctant to pull the trigger because, with few exceptions, I know little or nothing about the quality of their leather and manufacturing. Moreover, many of the Japanese niche brands are simply too small. I saw this Orgueil while recently in Taipei and would buy it in a heartbeat if they made my size:

4002A_001.png
Orgueil's products are very slim even by Japanese standard. I usually size down even if buying Japanese brand but I have to size up for Orgueil which is why I never own any of its products. Curiously, its main line Studio d'Artisan is cut more generous than Orgueil. I also doubt Orgueil makes its own leather jacket.

Yes Westride have some CHP repros but they also carry half belt and 30s aviator. I suspect that Westride do not make their own leather jackets. Take for example brands like Attractions, Stevenson Overall all have very nice leather jackets but they do not make them in house.
http://www.w-river.com/shop/shop.cgi?id=1&kid=7
http://www.veck.com/shopdetail/004003000020/
That is a Kadoya in your screenshot?
Yes! Thank you @Blackadder! I love their stuff. Looks stout and I like the designs I've seen. Some classic and some look like leather from the future.
IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto