Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offerup Stetson looks great and it’s older one

Sanford Goldstein

Familiar Face
5542F5ED-3332-416B-84CE-49C5B8BBE26B.jpeg
C42ACE13-694F-4876-BA30-A05979702B89.jpeg
9B3540EA-FB9D-436B-BBAE-A6991DE5AAB1.jpeg
4C64CCD6-C51B-4971-BBCB-2267DFC39118.jpeg
51EF2332-222C-482E-9B8F-DCD52B18F7F4.jpeg
looks like a nice Stetson going for sale on offerup out in Glendale az

It got the embroidered horse and cowboy.. I’ve never seen the x’s put on the liner itself... usually the sweatband but not the liner

.. has the knotted tailends on the bow I’ve asked the seller no question because it’s just way too small for me to even consider purchasing even for display it’s like 6 3/4

And it has the Stetson round box.. nit sure if the hat came in it originally though

Sanford Goldstein

Familiar Face
Yes you would be right sorry. I should have understood that too.. just going off their internal measurement of 21 1/4” I looked it up online and it converted to 6 3/4 sorry

Anyway it 85.00 but I’m pretty sure they will accept less it’s a “make offer” type sale

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Yes you would be right sorry. I should have understood that too.. just going off their internal measurement of 21 1/4” I looked it up online and it converted to 6 3/4 sorry

Anyway it 85.00 but I’m pretty sure they will accept less it’s a “make offer” type sale

I'm always wary when a seller uses an inner circumference dimension, and by default I don't trust the measurement. It's an extremely fickle dimension to get even when using a tailors tape or the string method. Being off by even a little can make a difference in whether a fitted hat will indeed fit or not. I typically will try to contact the seller and ask them to measure the length and width of the head opening, and then use (L + W) / 2 to get an idea of the hat size. It's not a perfect solution, but in my experience it's much easier to measure and it gets you very close to a nominal hat size. It's yet to fail me in the hats that I have purchased where the seller claimed the size was unknown.

Sanford Goldstein

Familiar Face
True that. Unfortunately this person is not the original owner and tag is not in the hat anymore I would assume since I was given the inner circumstance. I will not be investing in the hat since I have to many a display hat already ... I know I know... you can have too many hats. However my wants are many and I need to keep a few new gifts coming into my fold. Third gen SAA. A new (nos) transfer sauce for my Fj40 and I have a hat getting a blocked reshaped and pencil curl... with a contrasting ribbon around the crown

But I do have a mother Stetson coming in soon. An Akubra Stetson open road

Sanford Goldstein

Familiar Face
Porters is where the hat was sold and tge was a western wear store out here way back in the day I think it closed in the 70’s

Hopefully someone here decides to at least make an offer it’s a great old hat. Offerup is the place enjoy and let us know if one of y’all gets it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk