Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oh how I've changed...

I started buying jackets a few years back. The usual fare of Avirex type "military" jackets. Then I moved to USWings as I got a great deal on a few. Then I got an Aero A2 and HG5. Now, I've pulled out the early jackets and tried them on as I'm selling most of them now. WOW. Not only did I go down in size due to weight loss, but the styling blew me away. I used to love those jackets, but now, I can't wait to sell them. The jackets themselves are well made and nice, but aside from the USW G1 and cow A2, the rest are going. The "fit" is so big, that I can't believe I liked those things :)
I guess I was also big, so that was my compensation of sorts. That, and ignorance of the good stuff.
I put on the new USW "Centennial" G1 and it's actually a really nice jacket. Well made and the fit is spot on, even for a generic 3XL. Just interesting how we change...

GoodTimesGone

One of the Regulars
And how we change..... Sometimes it seems the more you know, the less satisfied you are with what you've got. I remember up until 2008 I owned one A-2-a black label Cooper. Then I bought Hell-bent For Leather and the Jon Maguire books, joined ebay, and the collecting began. I still like some of the Cooper and Avirex jackets. There are some better than others and that's what makes the hunt fun. I've now owned Eastmans and an Aero. I kind of like the idea of owning just one jacket. Indiana Jones, Virgil Hilts, and Jake Cutter probably had only one. You can put some wear and patina on it quicker. However I don't think I could revert back to owning just "one".......
-Tom

Touché. I want to have 3-4 when I'm done cleaning and acquiring now that I know what I like. I'd like to keep the numbers consistent and just make a deal with myself to buy one, let one go...we'll see.

Fifty150

One Too Many
Leather jackets are not cheap. In my family, we have kept them to hand down to future generations. That was how I inherited my first shearling coat, and my dad still has a size 38 Levi's suede jean jacket. Only problem is smaller sizes like 38 are only used briefly, since you would grow out of that once you start lifting weights in high school. Eventually, I want to build a cedar closet just to house the "family collection" of things like old leather jackets and old Pendleton shirts that every adult has outgrown.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I started buying jackets a few years back. The usual fare of Avirex type "military" jackets. Then I moved to USWings as I got a great deal on a few. Then I got an Aero A2 and HG5. Now, I've pulled out the early jackets and tried them on as I'm selling most of them now. WOW. Not only did I go down in size due to weight loss, but the styling blew me away. I used to love those jackets, but now, I can't wait to sell them. The jackets themselves are well made and nice, but aside from the USW G1 and cow A2, the rest are going. The "fit" is so big, that I can't believe I liked those things :)
I guess I was also big, so that was my compensation of sorts. That, and ignorance of the good stuff.
I put on the new USW "Centennial" G1 and it's actually a really nice jacket. Well made and the fit is spot on, even for a generic 3XL. Just interesting how we change...

And the journey will continue if you buy the ultimate repros from GW!:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy