Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OK buddy, what is this block called?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Dr. Greg, there has been discussion on that crease before and some examples posted.

I seem to recall it being called a Horseshoe Crease, maybe there are some other names as well.

frussell

One Too Many
Some of that price is for Western/Cowboy collectors, who attach great value to anything from Visalia Saddle Co. I've seen that called a horseshoe, hoof print, and cow track crease. I have known a couple of old western showmen who favored that style. Frank

El Sid

New in Town
I always wonder about the very first person who tried something out. I wonder if the poor SOB who first wore this bash got kicked in the head by his horse.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Alan yes that's the thread. Thanks filfoster
The webpage has the image in the last page
of Alan's thread he found.

web.jpg

Looks like a horse shoe crease to me.

Last edited:

HatsEnough

Banned
I just wish I had the money that this guy has spent posting and re-posting that auction. I am pretty sure that this was his first ebay listing ever! You'd think this seller would get the hint that no one on the planet wants to spend that kind of money for a used hat that is too small for 99% of hat wearers. I should also note that this seller has been on ebay since 2005 yet only has 313 feedbacks! This means he is always overpriced on everything.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
The price must include superbowl tickets for the next few superbowl games..or...the seller is just fishing. The listing is accepting "make an offer", right? If you want to buy that hat, make an offer, what is more suitable as in maybe $100.00 + free shipping. It is a nice looking hat condition wise and perhaps a very nice hat to own, but not for the neighbor hood price of $400.00 bucks!

dr greg

One Too Many
But, you are mostly just a buyer, right? This guy is a seller not a buyer.
No, both, but I only sell top-shelf stuff when I find it, like the goldmining book I recently got for 50c and sold for $800, the old 'turnover is everything' mantra doesn't apply to online business unless you can have economies of scale, for a individual who lives nearly 10 miles from a post office, it just doesn't add up.

HatsEnough

Banned
No, both, but I only sell top-shelf stuff when I find it, like the goldmining book I recently got for 50c and sold for $800...

Gotcha, well if you look at this seller's stuff you'll see he is a business, not just a casual seller and buyer. He has pages of stuff for sale all at very high prices. I've checked him before and it's always been the same. Too high, but lots of stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk