Ok so Shirley President Suspenders are out of reach..how about these?

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by 1on1, Jul 22, 2021.

1. 1on1

1on1 One of the Regulars

Hats off to everyone up in here..so ive been searching high and low for a pair of braces that kinda come close to a pair of the Shirley President ones (minus the intricate detail in the back)..so i watched this 1930's period Danish/Norwegian flick about kids sent away to a reform school and this still is from that movie, the guy to the left but especially the guy on the extreme left is wearing a pair of braces with very long elastic cord ends..i was wondering where i could find a pair like those, they could be repro's but who knows. Anyway what i was after more than anything else is a pair of braces, in a striping pattern of the 20's/30's, with extra long cord ends like those. Any clues cheerfully accepted.

1on1 91jkIeiLjntyAahA9suSu5M4C3t-1024x575.jpg

2. mullitt

mullitt New in Town

3. 1on1

1on1 One of the Regulars

Mullit - thanks for the tip but it doesnt quite "measure up"..i think i'm going to have to wait till a vintage one turns up somehow somewhere..i know RRL makes a passable pair as well.