Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old photo display help desired

Tin Pan Sally

I'm somewhat Internet challenged. What is the best quality place to upload galleries online? I wish I could do an entire website with albums in flash format with informative captions. I'm not happy with yahoo. How is photo bucket?
I have albums & hold-pats full of photographs dating from the mid 1920s to the early 60s (of family, their friends, their neighbors). I have some scanned, but don't have Photoshop. I also have truckloads of authentic vintage items I plan to photograph digitally. Not to mention my own sewing creations using vintage patterns and fabrics.
I'd like to sort albums/subalbums by era, location, and subject matter (uniforms, WWII military, vehicles, hats/jewelry/accesories, clothing/hair, ordinary people, glamour/cheesecake, dances/events, buildings). It is amazing how many style changes occur just within a decade.
I want to preserve and share some recent Scottish and American history. It would be great if I could set something up so that other users could upload albums as well. It would be a useful resource for all of us.
Any ideas?

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars

Try out PictureTrail.com. It's really simple to use and it's free. You can create up to 4 or 5 albums and I think you can hold up to 25 pictures in each album.

-DocIndyJones

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
flickr.com is worth checking out. It's mainly geared toward photo enthusiasts, but you can arrange various albums and the like. It's free for the basics (which I currently use) but you can pay maybe 25 bucks a year (I think) for the ability to create as many albums and upload as many pictures as you want. That said, the free version allows three distinct albums and I have yet to cap the amount of photos I can upload. You can also create "tags" for your pictures so you or others can find them easier later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR