Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

old timers and their fedoras.....

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
So, yesterday I went thru my old fedoras, I gathered about 6 or 7 that I wont wear anymore......I brought them to Mom's nursing home for the old timers there, you'd swear it was Christmas for them.......they were so happy and proudly sported them. The hallway was littered with old men and their hats.......it put a genuine smile on my face, as well as theirs. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of them tho.

basbol13

A-List Customer
So, yesterday I went thru my old fedoras, I gathered about 6 or 7 that I wont wear anymore......I brought them to Mom's nursing home for the old timers there, you'd swear it was Christmas for them.......they were so happy and proudly sported them. The hallway was littered with old men and their hats.......it put a genuine smile on my face, as well as theirs. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of them tho.
Nice to see a real gentleman out here in the forums. Keep it up, maybe one day when I'm in the nursing home, someone like you will put sunshine in my day.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
So, yesterday I went thru my old fedoras, I gathered about 6 or 7 that I wont wear anymore......I brought them to Mom's nursing home for the old timers there, you'd swear it was Christmas for them.
Compliments to you Sir, well done. The pleasure that you get to see those who, sadly, feel forgotten, is immense. I would recommend your action to anyone looking in their wardrobe. As well as hats, what about those beautiful old suits that don't fit anymore, it's amazing how I obviously remain the same weight all my life but my clothes all seem to shrink.
Your generosity has inspired me, I'm going to have a look at what I can share with my local nursing home.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Compliments to you Sir, well done. The pleasure that you get to see those who, sadly, feel forgotten, is immense. I would recommend your action to anyone looking in their wardrobe. As well as hats, what about those beautiful old suits that don't fit anymore, it's amazing how I obviously remain the same weight all my life but my clothes all seem to shrink.
Your generosity has inspired me, I'm going to have a look at what I can share with my local nursing home.
Exactly. This style of giving is certainly commendable, and has given me inspiration also.

I would love to see photos of the gentlemen hatted and smiling. This example of the giving spirit is the perfect way to start off the day. Kudos, Bolthead.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
That put a smile on my face and a tear in my eyes . That was so thoughtful Kurt ! Gentlemen who truly appreciate such a gift , and will never forget your kindness . GOD's Blessings ! Your gift was in the giving , and you'll receive 100 fold ! What a wonderful idea and lesson to teach your children also . We could all learn a lot from that . What a heart !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko