Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Old WWII letters found in a crate...

zaika

One Too Many
This article was in The Oregonian yesterday. (Well, it's slightly different than the printed article...)

INARA VERZEMNIEKS The Oregonian Staff
It's funny the way some of life's biggest mysteries finally come unraveled, without force and fury -- quietly, subtly, the sound of a mouse clicking. A man checking his e-mail.

This is how Ed Kitson learned the rest of the story of a man named Ted Scheer.

Kitson, who had discovered a crate full of letters at the Community Warehouse in Portland, where he works, knew only this: Ted had served with the 76th Infantry Division in World War II as a young man and had fought in Europe. (It's frightful to see the damage done by the blitz. Whole blocks and streets, building with five foot skeletons left standing, or only foundations. . . .) A woman named Glenna had loved him very much. (See you in a week and a half please. Even that's too long. . . .)

zaika

One Too Many
i'm so glad you liked it! :D

re: my sig. it was a one-liner on the Fred Allen radio, Adolph Menjou was a guest. at least i think so...at any rate, it made me laugh. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points