Once upon a time in Hollywood

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by regius, Jul 27, 2019.

1. regius

regius One Too Many

Dalton’s jacket, who made it? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Photo? Not a film I am likely to go and see. I have no idea who wears it or what it is.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  3. tropicalbob

tropicalbob My Mail is Forwarded Here

As soon as the movie opens, I think it'll become as iconic as Pitt's Fight Club jacket. From the shots I saw, the whole outfit's perfect for that character in 1969: the jacket as well as the coordinated turtleneck and slacks.

Guppy likes this.
  4. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

Its the latest Tarantino movie, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt. In the movie DiCaprio plays actor Rick Dalton in 1969 L.A.
    [​IMG]

Ross Young likes this.
  5. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Thanks Bushman - I knew it was the new Tarantino I just didn't know any further details as I avoid Tarantino's movies. Nice jacket.

6. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Grais? Just a guess.

7. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Ditto on both accounts. Not a big fan of watching another 3 hours long compilation of remade movie scenes.

Seb Lucas likes this.
  8. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Maybe, but I would assume custom for the movie - they generally have multiple copies of each clothing item made. I'm sure replicas will be available soon - from Soul Revolver for one.

9. Edward

Edward Bartender

Looks like an Ike (military) jacket remade in leather. Looking forward to seeing the film, though tbh I much preferred Dicaprio's jacket in Inception.

Seb Lucas likes this.
  10. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Even with sleeves that were 3 inches too short?

11. Mandarin

Mandarin Familiar Face

I've seen the film twice, and i'll see it again. I believe it to be an american masterpiece, no less, but only time will confirm.
    Incidentally, it's immensely enjoyable if you're into vintage garments.

OUATIH.png

12. breezer

breezer Practically Family

you guys and your long sleeves.....his jackets in both films look just right

13. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

[​IMG]

I wonder what movie some people have seen. They look just right to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

The movie I saw, as the photos above and below establish, is about a man who wears a jacket made with sleeves too short for his long arms. I thought this part of the story was more interesting that all the silly CGI effects. Good thing Leos's shirt sleeves stick out (not that they could do otherwise) - almost creates an illusion that the sleeves fits him in certain angels if you don't look to closely. :eek::D

LEONARDO DICAPRIO INCEPTION JACKET (2)-800x800.jpg

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  15. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

It's a really good film, btw. It's one of QT's 'ride along' films, but evokes and depicts late-60s Hollywood beautifully. Yes, it has homages left-right-and-centre, but it means you get moments such as De Caprio turning up in a pitch-perfect Great Escape remake, him as Hilts wearing the Hilts A-2, and Brad Pitt fighting Bruce Lee, and it's just great fun.

Edward likes this.
  16. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

Sounds like fun.

I'd much rather something like this for entertainment than the current Hollywood obsession with inserting gender politics into everything they can.

17. breezer

breezer Practically Family

Bruce Lee's family aint happy........but I am really looking forward to this movie!

ChazfromCali likes this.
  18. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

There's supposed to be a lot of acVWs in this film, which is the only reason I'll see it . . . when it hits TV screens.

19. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I loathe the fact that I haven’t seen it yet. I love QT’s efforts. Particularly his westerns. The Hateful Eight was absolutely splendid. Hopefully soon.

20. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

I think QT went for a stylised version of the on-screen Bruce Lee - he comes across as a pompous ass. He only turns up a couple of times, but they're memorable appearances. There's lots of great little cameos: Steve McQueen, Roman Polanski, Sam Wanamaker, plus other sundry ones which would give away too much of the plot to name. Soundtrack is kicking as well. It runs like an LA AM radio station circa 1968 with all the ads included.

sweetfights and ProteinNerd like this.