Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One of a kind custom galaga necktie

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
OK, so this might not be so period accurate, but we had wide novelty ties in the 40s and 50s, did we not? So in that spirit...

I created this design in homage of one of the greatest video games of all time, Galaga. If you grew up in the 70s/80s, you no doubt played this when it was new, and if you grew up later than that, you almost certainly still know what I'm talking about, because Galaga was a classic arcade game that never left the scene.

I had two of these made, one by Zazzle, and one by Bags of Love. These are prototypes, and, full disclosure, the design came out a little too long, such that when it's tied up, the Galaga bug at the top of the design ends up swallowed up in the knot. Even so, the design still works, and it looks great.

It's still a kick@$$ design, and I doubt that I will have more of these made, because Zazzle is a bit unreliable when it comes to order processing -- they canceled my first attempt at ordering this due to "rights" but the second try went through. Bags of Love were no problem, but about twice as expensive.

Both are good quality print, beautiful color that is true to the arcade graphics, nice quality (albeit polyester) ties. You can definitely wear them out and about, and you will get comments. People will want to know where you got it.

I'll list them here through the weekend and they're not gone by then I'll put them on eBay and see how high they go for.

For friends here, just $25 each, plus shipping.

Captured.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points