Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

One Of Us

LizzieMaine

Bartender
052210.gif

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
I'm a late nineteenforties man myself.
Fitting title for the thread. "One of us" is from Tod Brownings' Freaks which had a pinhead that Griffith based Zippy on. See, full circle.;)

Sincerely,
The Wolf

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
The Wolf said:
I'm a late nineteenforties man myself.
Fitting title for the thread. "One of us" is from Tod Brownings' Freaks which had a pinhead that Griffith based Zippy on. See, full circle.;)

Sincerely,
The Wolf

lol The precise reason I clicked on this thread: Gooble, gobble, gooble, gobble...

And that's about where I'd like to land, when that film was made!

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
A computer! In the house! Ha ha ha ha ha, what would you want with a giant machine made of radio tubes and telephone relays that calculates artillery trajectories for the Army?

If you will excuse me it is almost time for Fibber McGee and Molly.

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars

Thankfully, there's still a place I can visit where there are tangible remnants of the distant past. My parents moved back to their hometown in the early 80s and my mom still lives there. Many of the town's buildings date back to the early 20th century and homes back to the 19th century. I live in the fairly "new" suburbs where nothing is older than 30 years. So, when I visit my mom it's like stepping back in time. My grandparents' old homes are still there, and for the most part looking like they did in the 60s and 70s when I was growing up. In fact, the old "mansion" that was built in 1847 that was down the road from my grandparent's house is still standing and was recently sold. It's rundown, but still looks enough like itself that when I see it, it's like going back in time. Most of the local town is much like it was when I was child. They even have the same movie theater open that I first saw Bambi in in 1966. I have mixed emotions about visiting the town. While it's great to still be able to see things I knew as a child, it's also sad that so many of the people I remember and loved from those days are now gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy