Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Online fabric supplier - had to share...

Kishtu

Practically Family
http://www.abakhan.co.uk/acatalog/Vintage_Cottons.html
How ever so beautiful....

Afraid I don't know if they are a UK only supplier but heck it'd be worth a try, no?

Kit, whose stash has now outstripped that of Truro Fabrics....lol

(NB afraid I don't live in Manchester any more if it is UK postage only but if anyone falls in love with the prints could probably come to some arrangement with Aged Parents, who do?)

lareine

A-List Customer
It is UK postage only :(
Do you deliver outside of the United Kingdom?

Currently we only deliver to England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, and the Channel Islands. We are looking to expand to other countries in the future, so please check back.

Methuselah

One of the Regulars
As a bloke, I know I shouldn't really be lurking in here, but my girlfriend has just mentioned that the summer sale starts next Wednesday, so I thought I'd share.

There's an evening in-store event with a minium 20% off.
The general sale is also very good, she bought loads last year for bargain prices. Not many 'manly' fabrics though :-(

Kishtu

Practically Family
Oh I don't know Methusaleh, they do some very nice cotton shirting, we bought some just before Christmas which has now become a number of smocks for young William.

And they have (had?) a rather nice line in jacket-weight herringbone wools too.

They also do some rather gorgeous linens... an absolutely delish emerald green which I have a beady eye on.

Methuselah

One of the Regulars
To be fair to them, I haven't been in for about a year and that was for leather not fabric.

Just bought my gf a 30's sewing book, so she'll be buying up plenty of their stock in the near future.

Kishtu

Practically Family
It's either a feast or a famine in the shop though - they either have TONS of stuff or not a lot of any use.
I still miss Bacher's near the Arndale Centre :( now THAT was a fabric shop and a half. Every time I got paid on a Friday I used to end up in Bacher's.....

MissHannah

One Too Many
Maybe I'll buy myself some decent wool from fabric there and get TopRunway to make me a suit out if it. Man I need to learn to sew!

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Kishtu said:
It's either a feast or a famine in the shop though - they either have TONS of stuff or not a lot of any use.
I still miss Bacher's near the Arndale Centre :( now THAT was a fabric shop and a half. Every time I got paid on a Friday I used to end up in Bacher's.....

Ahem, Southside, Dahling :rolleyes: ...I'm surprised to hear anything of use was in the environs of the Arndale.

Kishtu

Practically Family
Well I am now unimaginably confoozled.

Twould seem from Google that the old Bachers shop is now a "serviced apartment block" - say it isn't so??

Bunnyb.gal, I am going back 10 years plus *sigh* - but then those were the good old days of shopping in the Arndale, when I were nowt but a speck of a goth....

Methuselah

One of the Regulars
If I was to guess, I'd say Bacher's shut about 10 years ago - maybe it was due to the lack of your custom!?

The Ritz is still there, but I only go for gigs.

If you are/were a goth, you may be upset to hear that Jilly's has shut?
It's grim up North...

Kishtu

Practically Family
Crikey. Turn my back on the goth scene for five minutes and the whole damn place falls to bits...

Hahaha Jilly's yes I have to say I am not surprised it seemed to go through so many changes of ethos... it had a stab at having "The Underworld" downstairs.... the last I recall of it was thinking how horribly tawdry the whole place was and how all the glamour seemed to have gone out of nighclubs :( and well, you can see how I got from there to here really.

Oh dear, I wonder where all those sad little pasty-faced 15 year-olds go on a Friday night now?

Methuselah

One of the Regulars
:eek:fftopic: I didn't really care when I heard about Jilly's - that's what you get for playing the same NIN song every night for the last 10 years.

But I'm too old for clubs and prefer metal gigs anyway.

Affleck's is still going strong, they had a minor problem with the lease running out. Some OK vintage items in there, and there are some other OK 2nd hand shops round there too, plenty of cravats, braces, hankies etc :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW